California Auction of cars and car parts

capngrog

“Approximately $500,000 in new auto parts, project cars, original chevy parts, sand blaster and tools.“

Hard to see all fetching anywhere near $50K in total, but that’s just from where I sit.

Looks like a pretty good supply, but it would take me years to go through all of that stuff. Agreed that it very well is over $500k worth of stuff, BUT auction price will be far less.  My neighbor passed away and had a large shop full of stuff (not nearly to this scale), his wife was hard pressed to give the stuff away.

I am trying to get rid of parts & stuff that do not directly relate to the cars that I currently own.  I got rid of a 14 ft enclosed trailer full of that stuff a couple of years ago.

That said, I am also trying to make a shelf section for each car and it's parts so they are easy to find and keep together.  Part of doing that is to buy some of the clear bins, mark them with contents, and keep together.

As I continue to go through stuff, I have a shelf that I am putting that non relevant stuff on to get rid of it.  Much of it will show up at Hershey if it is car related.  All of the other stuff is going to a local consignment auction for sale.  Once it goes there, it is gone forever and if I make anything from it good, if not still gone.

It appears the less stuff around, the less stress that I have in my life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

I am trying to get rid of parts & stuff that do not directly relate to the cars that I currently own.  I got rid of a 14 ft enclosed trailer full of that stuff a couple of years ago.

That said, I am also trying to make a shelf section for each car and it's parts so they are easy to find and keep together.  Part of doing that is to buy some of the clear bins, mark them with contents, and keep together.

As I continue to go through stuff, I have a shelf that I am putting that non relevant stuff on to get rid of it.  Much of it will show up at Hershey if it is car related.  All of the other stuff is going to a local consignment auction for sale.  Once it goes there, it is gone forever and if I make anything from it good, if not still gone.

It appears the less stuff around, the less stress that I have in my life.

Larry,

I am going through the same thing you are. I just want to see the stuff move on to someone who will use it. I know when I pass everything will get tossed. I have been doing sort of a Hershey from home on Ebay and have been doing pretty well.

It is probably a good thing I don't have any more transports out west this year! 😁

The Chevelle Wagon with the aluminum head big block peaked my interest as well as the Chevelle Conv. I could also see coming back to Ohio with a trailer full of doors & fenders!

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/