Intervention - stop the seemingly endless dividing and subdividing of the forum into more and more restrictive sub forums

3 hours ago, TTR said:

I believe the more appropriate/better intervention would be if members learned (and stick to) using search function to find already existing discussions/threads related to the subject they wish to comment on.

This simple exercise of intelligence would eliminate unnecessary creation of countless new discussions/threads on same/similar topics piled on top of countless others.

I mean how many separate  “help me identify this... “, “what is this...”, “look what saw today”  or “Hey, I took my ***** for a drive”, etc. ad nauseum topics do we need ?

Or are all these members constantly contributing new topics just millennials with no patience to be bothered with common sense approaches or so bored with everyday living, needing continually stimulate their virtual reality ?

Agree:  Use search.  (You can lead a horse to water... )

Disagree:  “help me identify this... “, “what is this...”, “look what saw today”  or “Hey, I took my ***** for a drive”.  The first 2 have their own forum. Not interested, don't visit the "what is it" forum. The second two are more people just sharing their lives.  Again.. not interested, just skip by them.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Disagree:  “help me identify this... “, “what is this...”, “look what saw today”  or “Hey, I took my ***** for a drive”.  The first 2 have their own forum. Not interested, don't visit the "what is it" forum. The second two are more people just sharing their lives.  Again.. not interested, just skip by them.

I only (or mostly) visit just "General Discussion" forum and didn't even know existence of "What it is" section, but was merely trying to point out that instead of cluttering or constantly piling on to "General" section every new (personal sharing ?) topic members come up with, even if dozen or hundreds of identical discussions/threads already exists, perhaps we could all benefit from use of search function to find those, but I guess since forums like this aren't democracies and most members don't seem care about anything other than voicing themselves (i.e. me, me, me, ...) on any and every topic, it can be expected.

While I know nothing of computers or their programmings, I believe aforementioned forward thinking(?) would probably help if/when someone else is searching for similar topics in the future as the search results would show more concentrated and narrower field of choices. 

• Thanks 1