Brewster Automobile

alsancle

We have a lot of great Brewster bodied RR in the Rolls thread,  but anyone interested int talking about the Brewster cars?    Basically two eras.   The cars from the teens with the sleeve valve engine (Matt has a cool one) and then the 1930s cars with the Ford V8 Chassis.

I actually like any of the non-towncar version of the later,  this convertible sedan and the roadsters.

The_Los_Angeles_Times_Sun__Oct_7__1934_.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Coupe?   I thought they made towncars, convertible sedans and roadsters?

It's in the showroom in Palo Alto, next to some other fanatic stuff..........

• Like 1

Just because a bunch of “wanna be car guys “ haven’t seen it..........it’s not my fault. After all, if you live under a rock “read as Ohio or Massachuetts hillbilly” I can’t help it. You can take the red neck out of the back woods, but you can’t take the back woods out of the red neck. If you boys want to take a road trip (read fly out to the left coast in a private plane) I will be happy to vouch for you and get you a tour of the collection. It will cost you a VERY expensive dinner..........but you have to promise not to embarrass me............which for you two, won’t be easy. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lunch today.......rare 35 year old rum from Jamaica straight up on the rocks, blackened Mahi-mahi, Cuban cigars,  and Alice's Restaurant playing on the jukebox. Life IS GOOD!

Take a PII to lunch......it’s a wonderful experience! 🤩

YES- it’s on topic, that’s a split windshield one off Brewster in front of Mar-A-Lago.

3F2D15F6-DC81-46F4-843E-75C5521D1656.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

You can't bring aged shine.  It usually eats through the bottle before it has time to mature. 

The rum is getting to me, and my response would be nothing but trouble, so I shall not opine......which is truly a shame!

• Haha 2

OK gents here are my three contributions for the day, have more someplace but to much stuff to dig through and not time to do so. Promised SAH a article on where to look for information in pre (WWII) war sources like motor show programs, different periodicals, factory magazines and bulletins etc. and what libraries, collections etc may have access to same. Just so much stuff no one has seen of the WWI to WWII era that needs to be shared, trouble is you need to know 1) it exists 2) what it exists in - specific to issue, title etc 3) what to ask for that won't take days or weeks  for someone to find. I better write all this stuff down, years fly by to fast. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and friends to be, its a great life if you don't weaken......

BREWSTERconv sedanFordV8001.jpg

BREWSTERauction1937001.jpg

BREWSTERtowncarFordV8001.jpg

• Like 4

• 9 months later...