zoom with the car collector at thanksgiving or Christmas?

Someone would have to initiate the zoom meeting.  They would need your email address to send you an invitation to join the zoom meeting.  The recipient would need to have the zoom app on their computer, tablet or phone.  The free zoom app allows up to 40 minutes of connect time.  Not sure if the free app has a limit on how many can be on the same meeting.

I heard zoom is removing the 40 minute time cap for Thanksgiving Day. it is very simple to set-up, but someone has to initial the mtg time and then that needs to be distributed to the people that will join as you get a 'link' to the meeting. This is best by email but if you post it here, then everyone would just need to copy/paste it into their browser at the right time....believe Zoom will prompt to install if the person does not have it already loaded on their computer (don't quote me...been awhile).

Never fear you do not have to have a camera or use a camera if you don't want to.

• Like 1
  • Peter Gariepy changed the title to zoom with the car collector at thanksgiving or Christmas?

Another good reason to get younger folks involved in our hobby.  We've participated in a couple Zoom meetings with family and one with old friends we generally only

see on camping trips.

A local club meeting would be a lot of fun on Zoom.   Problem for me is to find someone to set it up and be the moderator.

How about a Zoom for Forum members?   

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Zoom meeting for Forum members (see edit history)
22 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Any idea what they are talking about? 

Yes, Zoom is a way to have people to join in on a live meeting or discussion over the internet using either a computer, ipad type tablet or smartphone.  A person or group is the meeting host, that means they have the controls to allow people to join in, be seen and /or heard in this gathering.  Zoom is a software company and link creator that does all the work of linking the members together.  Think of it as a giant old time telephone party line where everyone can both hear and also see each person on the party line.  

The group members invited to the meeting just need to click on the Zoom link, similar to an Internet address link provided by meeting host, to join the discussion.  When you join in, you and the other members are all visible to each other and when you talk your voice is shared with the other group members.  The Zoom software is free to use but they do also have a pay to use version that many businesses and schools are using today.  You can see how it’s used on YouTube, just search for using  Zoom to set up meetings.  It’s a little more complicated to set up the meeting but quite easy to join in to a meeting.  Im using it to stay in touch with a group of other disabled seniors like me so that we can better deal with the Covid-19 restrictions. 

7 minutes ago, padgett said:

Blue parking passes are good for protecting a car.

Not entirely true, my wheelchair ramp van was parked in the van parking spot with its wide side parking space needed to drop the ramp.  When my wife and I came out of the store we had a blue card driver in the next available spot AND another blue card driver parked in the crosshatch area between me and that car.  Very frustrating waiting for the driver of that illegally parked car to come out of the store.  They couldn’t find an available handicap parking spot so they made their own.  Grrrrr....

• Like 1

A few of the local car clubs having been holding Zoom Meetings and Space Age Chevrolet Non Geographic Region of the AACA had one a few months ago. It took a little getting used to but it worked well.

3 hours ago, padgett said:

Blue parking passes are good for protecting a car.

Keeping the thread on topic as always I see........ 

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2