Model 20 Coupes

I’ve been fooling with 1909-11 Model 20’s for over 40 years.  

As to survivors, there are hundreds of runabouts, quite a few torpedoes and tourings, and very few coupes.  They were only made 1911, possibly also late 1910. 

I’d say of the hundreds of early Hupps out there, there are less than 10 true original coupes that are Model 20’s.

• Thanks 1

As a charter member of the Hupmobile  Club  started  in 1970 and  have  gone to  over  20 meets  and  tours  all over  the  U.S  and  Canada I  have  only  seen one 19111 coupe  in person. That  1  is in the  Henry  Ford  museum. I  only  have  one  Hupp roster here in our  Fl.  winter  home.  It's  from 2015. There  are  no  coupes  listed in the  roster. So , that  being  said,  that  makes  them  pretty  rare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the late 1960's or early 1970's there was one in Chicopee, MA, at Ed Midura's Garage. It remained there after his death for a few years with his heirs. All of his other cars were sold. It may be still in the family, or somewhere in the area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I owned the remains of a coupe a few years back, it ended up being sold and restored as a runabout.  I knew it originally had been a coupe because I had the remains of the firewall, with hood former and air vent that’s only used for a coupe.  In addition, the chassis had front shock absorbers, which were never put on runabouts or torpedos, but only coupes and, possibly, tourings....

There was an 11 coupe for sale at Hershey many moons ago, at least 15 to 20 years ago.  Many years I bring some cash to Hershey in case I find something, that year I was cash poor so no chance to buy it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1