WTB 1953 Special Rear Seat

Pat0366

I'm looking for a rear seat bottom for my 4dr Special. I gave a perfect one to the auto body shop that did the body and paint work on my car so that they could use it for placement when they were drilling holes for seat belt installation.  Somehow when they moved from their old shop to their brand new state of the art facility it got thrown away.  How that happens is beyond me.  The owner of the shop apologized but the onus is on me to find another one.    

The seat bottom is probably common to other years and may also be the same as a Super.  The rear seat in a 2dr Special may be different.  If anyone can confirm what is compatible so that I can broaden my search I'd appreciate it.  

I've had many ups and downs over the course of this restoration but this was the most bizarre.  The shop primarily does collision work but would take in one restoration from time to time.  It was not at all common for them to have car seats hanging around so I would think that it .would have caused someone to ask what the seat was for before throwing it away.  Guess I was wrong.  The lesson learned for me is, in the future, to use a shop that specializes in restoration work who understands the the importance of being stewards of the antique parts placed in their care.

Thanks all!

Pat Meenan

BCA #45771         

15 hours ago, Pat0366 said:

I'm looking for a rear seat bottom for my 4dr Special . . . The seat bottom is probably common to other years . . . If anyone can confirm what is compatible so that I can broaden my search I'd appreciate it . . .     

FWIW:  a Buick Master Body Parts Book shows that a 1953 Oldsmobile (most likely a bottom-of-the-line 4-door 88 model) seat cushion part is interchangeable with your 1953 Buick 41D and nothing else. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Pat0366 said:

. . . Now to find one . . .    

"Make a date to find a Rocket 88 at French Lake"  or better yet, a 1953 Buick 41D parts car. It might be worth a call to French Lake Auto Parts (FLAP) in Annandale, Minnesota . . . 320-274-8497. It's a big-time operation dealing in vintage cars since the late 1950s. Check out their website and YouTube videos. They might have either one or the other, maybe none at all or a lead where to find one, but it's worth a try. They are located an hour West of Minneapolis.