Cool Cars

On 11/28/2020 at 5:53 PM, padgett said:

Sorry can't help, may get down to the 60s tonight.

🤣

I'm also in Flaw-duh but my sister lives in the frozen north - I delight in teasing her about it.  OTOH, there's the hurricanes...

On 12/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, padgett said:

Never had a pickup but that's a pickup I'd have.

Mine isn't as cool as the Jeep and it runs empty 99+% of the time, but it sure is handy when I do have something to haul.

1 hour ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

If you drive a Stanley Steamer, do you have to put anti freeze in it ? It 

Not if you leave it running.

Dad always wanted a Model A pickup to drive to work, and in 1970 he traded for a basket-case 1928 model. We spent 14 months restoring it, and then he drove it every day, year-round for a couple years, regardless of weather. (We didn't have a garage anyway 😊). I was always surprised how it climbed snowy hills better than "modern" cars back then! (I'm the  bareheaded teenager in 2 of these photos. My little brother, 10 years younger, in red hat. I still have dad's black-bear skin coat!)

Christmas card pose 2.jpg

Model A with Ralphie and Snowman.jpg

Christmas card pose .jpg

Edited by lump (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is from my Dad's slide collection that I scanned most of last Winter. He had a TV sales and service business in the 50s and 60s. This was just his everyday truck when the photo was taken on 4/12/1957 in NE Ohio when he was out on a service call and stopped to take a picture. He always had a camera with him. A lot of snow for so late in the season. Not sure exactly what year sedan delivery it is maybe 1948 Chevy?

Pa's Early Service Truck in 4-12-57 Snow.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim Bollman said:

This is from my Dad's slide collection that I scanned most of last Winter. He had a TV sales and service business in the 50s and 60s. This was just his everyday truck when the photo was taken on 4/12/1957 in NE Ohio when he was out on a service call and stopped to take a picture. He always had a camera with him. A lot of snow for so late in the season. Not sure exactly what year sedan delivery it is maybe 1948 Chevy?

1948 Chevy is correct.

Don

Edited by DLynskey
Hit submit key too soon. (see edit history)