First Gen Rear Quarter Window Leading Edge Chrome Questions

Is the leading edge chrome on the first generation Riviera's able to be used on the window on either side? It appears that the chrome would be reversible and all you would have to do is put in the rubber edge that is appropriate for that side of the car.

I am pretty sure that my next 2 questions may have been discussed but, when I do a search I come up with nothing. I want to replace the chrome on my driver's side window as it somehow got badly scratched. What is the preferred/safe method to remove the old chrome? What adhesive should one use to attach the replacement chrome to the window or is it friction fit? Any tips or advice are appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

I'm sure you are talking about the quarter windows, Correct???

They are not reversible. They just tap off with a small hammer & a blunt end of a screwdriver.   For attaching go to an auto glass shop & they will fix you up.

IF you replace the rubber make sure you get the rubber with the steel insert which are the same left & right.

Tom T.

7 minutes ago, telriv said:

Bill,

I'm sure you are talking about the quarter windows, Correct???

They are not reversible. They just tap off with a small hammer & a blunt end of a screwdriver.   For attaching go to an auto glass shop & they will fix you up.

IF you replace the rubber make sure you get the rubber with the steel insert which are the same left & right.

Tom T.

I got the ones without the steel insert, they look ok and seal ok, but while driving at hiway speed the front windows have a tendency to want to cheat to the inside. You almost have to roll the fronts up first followed by the rears. For this reason I would second Toms advice.