Illinois cruise night calendar - can you find it using google?

MotiveLensPhoto

I'm trying to develop a public calendar listing all the cruise nights, car shows, etc. Can you let me know if it is visible to you by searching google calendars Illinois Car Shows and Cruises. Let me know if you see any events for 2021.

The title got changed, but that's not accurate. A google calendar doesn't typically come up in a generic google search, especially since FB pays to be #1 ad and search result.

Then go to calendar.google.com

Then search public calendars within calendar.google.com I want to know if

a. you can find it?

b. you can see the listings I put in already?

c. can you add your own?

Since not everyone uses FB or reddit, or IG, etc., I want to make something that more people will have much easier access to.

Edited by Golden73 (see edit history)

I'm not planning anything. I'm creating a calendar listing the cruises, car shows, etc.. There were cruises as late as October, 2020 around here. Some will happen in 2021, some won't.

I'm just trying to create a more comprehensive listing that is calendar based, not website based.

This is what I show on google chrome when I search "ILLINOIS CAR SHOWS CALENDAR" 

Hope that helps you figure it out - 

Car shows Illinois - Home | Facebook

WELCOME TO OUR 2021 CAR SHOW SEASON CALENDAR!!! Illinois with some Indiana & Wisconsin Car shows. We WOULD ASK YOU when you share TO ...

If you are hosting or know of a car show in the Central Illinois area that is not already on the site, please head on over to the submission form and send us all the ...

Join us from 9 A.M. to Noon on Saturday at Gateway Classic Cars for our monthly Caffeine & Chrome car show! Cruise in with your collectible car, family and ...

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Illinois cruise night calendar - can you find it using google?

The title got changed, but that's not accurate. A google calendar doesn't typically come up in a generic google search, especially since FB pays to be #1 ad and search result.

Then go to calendar.google.com

Then search public calendars within calendar.google.com I want to know if

a. you can find it?

b. you can see the listings I put in already?

c. can you add your own?

1 hour ago, SC38DLS said:

Not to be a smart ass but why go to all that bother when a simple google search finds a whole lot of options In less than a second? 

A. Because I find it easier to have a calendar showing what is ahead and other potential users might find the same.

B. Because google doesn't show everything. Not that mine might, but you never know.

C. Because what else do I have to do over the winter?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is supposedly a shareable link.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=dmgwZWc3NjRmdnNsajNyMXZhZTQxcjdvdTRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

I believe there is a way to import this into your default google calendar.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, Peter Gariepy said:

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.49.50 AM.png

I have, of course, looked at those. The issue is they don't get updated adequately and they don't list everything. Many of the city organized ones aren't there. Also I don't have a small social media presence and no way I'm going down the wormhole that is facebook.

3 minutes ago, Golden73 said:

I have, of course, looked at those. The issue is they don't get updated adequately and they don't list everything. Many of the city organized ones aren't there. Also I don't have a small social media presence and no way I'm going down the wormhole that is facebook.

If you want your calendar to be visible to the world you need to share it.  Adding the calendar to a website you create using a logical domain name is a good start. Or using social media (which you shun) would be a good place too. 

2 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

If you want your calendar to be visible to the world you need to share it.  Adding the calendar to a website you create using a logical domain name is a good start. Or using social media (which you shun) would be a good place too. 

I did, above. Try this. Let me know if it works. Nothing in the calendar until February. If you see anything, let me know.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=dmgwZWc3NjRmdnNsajNyMXZhZTQxcjdvdTRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ