Anyone need a mobile goatery? 🐐 (Vintage car accessory ad)

victorialynn2

1 minute ago, 8E45E said:

I don't.  I consider it to be an MPV, like a Fiat Multipla years later.

Ouch!  Is "MPV" Multi-Purpose Vehicle?  I had two 1947-48 DeSoto Suburbans over the years which Calif DMV called "station wagons" (with which I disagreed) but they got an additional $1/yr registration for that.

2 minutes ago, Grimy said:

Ouch!  Is "MPV" Multi-Purpose Vehicle?  I had two 1947-48 DeSoto Suburbans over the years which Calif DMV called "station wagons" (with which I disagreed) but they got an additional $1/yr registration for that.

That means a lot of these newer compact sedans would be "station wagons" according to the Calif DMV.    I don't think there is one on the market that doesn't have a fold down rear seat!

Craig

Just now, 8E45E said:

I don't think there is one on the market that doesn't have a fold down rear seat!

I never followed through to determine what made DeS Subs "wagons" in their "mind" (?), but would guess that it was because cargo could pass into the passenger compartment through the trunk.

By that logic my CTS Coupe is a wagon, it has a fold down rear seat with passthrough. My 78 Sunbird did also as does my 88 Reatta. Personally think my Grand Cherokee is more station wagon than SUV (can close the rear door over a 10 foot board) & rear window opens up.

foldingseat.jpg