Anyone need a mobile goatery? 🐐 (Vintage car accessory ad)

victorialynn2

Now a day's  the A.S.P.C.A. and P.E.T.A. would have you arrested! Perhaps he was taking the animal to a craze that was in NY for a while, (I'm not making this up), "goat yoga". It seems that people thought that doing yoga and having goats mingle and climb on them while doing yoga poses was relaxing. Then some participants were getting violently ill with strange symptoms. They finally figured out it was the germs from the goats. They finally outlawed it in NYC. I agree with Ransom, Victoria wins the prize!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

A popular idea.  Running boards sure were handy things!

Terry

Model T goat carrier.jpg

Running board animal carrier.jpg

I want one of those cages for the wife to ride in on long trips...........

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

I want to see how that works when the Goat is 150lbs.

IMG_5635.JPG

I absolutely LOVE goats........roasted on a spit with butter and garlic. Them is good eating!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

These ads have been running around the interwebs for years now. No one can prove if they are actually real or just someone's Photoshop.

In the town where I grew up, some of the immigrants had to be told to not let the chickens or goats in the house.........true story in the late 70's. They were from the mountains of Portugal. They had a nick name for them which translate into "hillbilly".

• Like 1

When I'm in the garage and my '29 isn't covered, my little buddy will climb onto the running boards and sleep. If I open the doors, he will get inside the car but soon comes back out to the running boards. My goats, which I have 17 right now, aren't allowed anywhere near any of my cars. LOL...

• Like 1

"Farmed" out the grass cutting, didja?

30-some years ago bud and I were in a junkyard. I had spied a 64 Olds and was headed toward it when he stopped dead in his tracks. "What?!"

He pointed to this bigazz billy goat perched on a station wagon and eyeing us, and you could tell that goat had mayhem on its mind.

Since I have no goats I guess I'll have to get the Ferguson tractor out and bush hog my fields. Cue up Green Acres... I even have a straw hat with a green visor in it!

• Haha 2

The other day I was following a farmer that could have used one of these.  He had some pigs in the back of his pickup and when he took off from a stop light one fell out.  I was in my wife's car so I stopped, picked it up and took off to catch the farmer.  About 2 or 3 blocks later a cop pulled up behind me with his lights on and told me to pull over.  When he came up to the car and said I was speeding I explained why and he let me go. He said don't speed and to just take the pig to the local petting zoo just up the road.  The next day I'm driving down the same road and the same cop pulls me over.  I told him there was no way I was speeding and he agreed.  He said he pulled me over because he had told me to take the pig to the petting zoo and wanted to know why it was still in my car? I told him I did take it to the zoo and we had such a good time we were going back today!.

I know I'm nuts but I do have fun and I blame it all of C19! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Morgansdad said:

When I'm in the garage and my '29 isn't covered, my little buddy will climb onto the running boards and sleep. If I open the doors, he will get inside the car but soon comes back out to the running boards. My goats, which I have 17 right now, aren't allowed anywhere near any of my cars. LOL...

And for good reason. My goat had a field day jumping from one of my dad’s Corvettes to another when I was a kid. Thick, quilted moving pads saved my life. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

"Farmed" out the grass cutting, didja?

30-some years ago bud and I were in a junkyard. I had spied a 64 Olds and was headed toward it when he stopped dead in his tracks. "What?!"

He pointed to this bigazz billy goat perched on a station wagon and eyeing us, and you could tell that goat had mayhem on its mind.

Since I have no goats I guess I'll have to get the Ferguson tractor out and bush hog my fields. Cue up Green Acres... I even have a straw hat with a green visor in it!

7763DFC2-4CEE-4629-8172-E0EEC24BD300.jpeg

• Like 2

Back in the seventies when I was washing cars at a Dodge-Chrysler dealership we had an old rancher come in in a fairly new Imperial for a wash Job appointment.  There were three sheep in the back seat.  He made an appointment to bring it back in the afternoon.  He said "They paid for it so they might as well ride in it.  I needed a shovel to clean out the back seat.

• Haha 1

I rate a goat way lower down the scale than a dog.......and keeping it as a pet is modern “city farmer” mentality. It is livestock, meant to be harvested for the table. Unfortunately, yours is so old now, it is only good for stew. If you need a recipe just let me know. It’s a good substitution for turkey next week. Yum-yum! 🐐 

• Like 1

In 1983, Mitt Romney drove his family on vacation from Massachusetts to Canada with his dog in a carrier mounted on his station wagon's roof.  There was a lot of tut-tutting about it at the time, and negative comments during his later political campaigns, although the dog seems to have enjoyed the ride.  Mitt could have used one of these carriers, but his station wagon probably didn't have running boards.

15 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I rate a goat way lower down the scale than a dog.......and keeping it as a pet is modern “city farmer” mentality. It is livestock, meant to be harvested for the table. Unfortunately, yours is so old now, it is only good for stew. If you need a recipe just let me know. It’s a good substitution for turkey next week. Yum-yum! 🐐 

the term Ed is “gentleman farmer”.  Like Thomas Jefferson.

• Like 1

And the interloper. Belongs to my cousin in Charlotte who bought 15 acres adjacent to me and bought this JD to work that. The day it was delivered the MF got a flat front tire. Fergie knows deep down I believe real tractors are RED! Hey, look who's got the shed while the new tractor lives outside...

16059765430246153909521406947841.jpg

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2020 at 10:15 AM, edinmass said:

I want one of those cages for the wife to ride in on long trips...........

Ed, be careful what you wish for - she may find a way to put YOU in there 😎

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

In 1977 I was on a ferry traveling among the Aran Islands in Ireland.  One of the islands didn't have a place to dock; passengers and cargo were loaded and offloaded by dinghy.  Somebody was shipping a horse that was too big for the dinghy, so they swam the horse out to the ferry and loaded it with a contraption like this.

I think that's alsancle in that photo with the goat. If that's his goat, he's a brave man. Glad there's a fence there. As cool as they are, goats have one very nasty habit...they like jumping up on and walking around on freshly restored and painted old cars. I'd love to have an acreage for old cars, and I'd love to have animals, too, but I'd worry too much to have any goats...except maybe this one:

Pontiac GTO 1966

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I have had a pet turkey land on the hood of my 100 point V-12 Pierce with muddy feet...........he did not survive the next fifteen minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pussycats have a thing for cars too, which is why I have none.

After coming home from WW2, my uncle Edd got a 1941 Ford Deluxe coupe which he named the Super Duper Double Deluxe Pea Green Coupe. He had washed and polished it one morning when along came a rooster. Rooster saw his reflection in the shiny green paint and started fighting with it. Now, full grown roosters can have spurs over an inch long, and you can imagine what they did to the SDDDPGC. 

There was chicken and dumplings for supper.

Mama with the SDDDPGC in Spring 1946. Guess her plaid skirt was soft enough to not scratch!😺

16060136735553000973145975063118.jpg

• Like 3