Looking at a project - 1929 Canadian Buick

A friend sent me a link on a 1929 Canadian Buick for sale up here. Is this an original touring or has the roof been cut off? The owner bought it from an estate and thinks it is original but I do not know Buick's and have many questions. The windshield does not look right to me for one.  The chassis is totally done from tiers to motor but no pictures of that part to see. 

Any thoughts??   Thanks Joe

$_59.jpg

$_59 (2).jpg

$_59 (3).jpg

$_59 (1).jpg

$_59 (4).jpg

Cobbled and capped doors as well as the patched in windshield. The rear doors on a touring are hinged at the center. Notice the nice belt line kick up at the front door at the drivers arm.

A couple of true Touring/Phaeton examples below.

lipofskydotcom-1221.jpg.ff3c808181039c6fec71f0b22e832c8f.jpg

DSCF2422.thumb.JPG.2bb4f27f5420b871cf85039b6aa5be39.JPG

1 hour ago, Joe in Canada said:

A friend sent me a link on a 1929 Canadian Buick for sale up here. Is this an original touring or has the roof been cut off? The owner bought it from an estate and thinks it is original but I do not know Buick's and have many questions. The windshield does not look right to me for one.  The chassis is totally done from tiers to motor but no pictures of that part to see. 

Any thoughts??   Thanks Joe

$_59.jpg

$_59 (2).jpg

$_59 (3).jpg

$_59 (1).jpg

$_59 (4).jpg

Not sure if this is the link that was sent to you but here it is listed on Kijiji:  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1524389527

Very rare car 29 buick McLaughlin complete drive Train an wooden wheels are restored have most of the parts an manuals serious inquiries only I think it's one of one

I think the description above sums up that he doesn't really know what he has but it is probably accurate in this configuration being 1 of 1.  He has a bunch of other old vehicles for sale as well but the odd thing is the Toronto 416 number but out of Chatham-Kent.

Don  

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Looking at a project - 1929 Canadian Buick