A large unknown on Long Island

Ray Garcia

Definitely a Lozier!  It is a Briarcliff model, 1910 to be exact.  It appears the sidelamps have been painted black instead of being unpainted brass.

I have been a fan of Lozier since I found a 1910 Briarcliff body here in Seattle WA.  That was in 1968.  I was a letter carrier and was delivering to a very old part of Seattle under the Spokane Street bridge.  The man I bought it from had quit driving it in 1918 when the exhaust manifold broke and he didn't want to fix or replace it.  He had sold the chassis and kept the body and many parts.  He even gave me a copy of an ad from the Seattle Times where a local wrecking yard had a complete Lozier motor for sale for the price of $150.00.  He thought the car was too old to spend that much money on it.  I think he sold the chassis in about 1930, so it sat on his property for more than 10 years in the Seattle rain.  He had a lot of other early cars too and as I helped him clean up his property and buildings we found a lot of really good stuff.

Amazing what was there.

I am still interested in any Lozier items; parts, literature, photos, stories, etc.

I have a complete 1913 Lozier Montclair touring.  Original, except it was repainted many years ago.  It was found in Montana in White Sulphur Springs in a barn.

• Like 7

Definitely a Lozier!  It is a Briarcliff model, 1910 to be exact.  It appears the sidelamps have been painted black instead of being unpainted brass.

I have been a fan of Lozier since I found a 1910 Briarcliff body here in Seattle WA.  That was in 1968.  I was a letter carrier and was delivering to a very old part of Seattle under the Spokane Street bridge.  The man I bought it from had quit driving it in 1918 when the exhaust manifold broke and he didn't want to fix or replace it.  He had sold the chassis and kept the body and many parts.  He even gave me a copy of an ad from the Seattle Times where a local wrecking yard had a complete Lozier motor for sale for the price of $150.00.  He thought the car was too old to spend that much money on it.  I think he sold the chassis in about 1930, so it sat on his property for more than 10 years in the Seattle rain.  He had a lot of other early cars too and as I helped him clean up his property and buildings we found a lot of really good stuff.

Amazing what was there.

I am still interested in any Lozier items; parts, literature, photos, stories, etc.

I have a complete 1913 Lozier Montclair touring.  Original, except it was repainted many years ago.  It was found in Montana in White Sulphur Springs in a barn.

Lemay Concours de Elelgance 09.13.2015 014.JPG

Lemay Concours de Elelgance 09.13.2015 022.JPG

• Like 5