New Museum in Cartersville, GA

chuckfmtexas

In the fall of 2021 the Savoy Museum will open in Cartersville, Georgia, 43 miles Northwest of Atlanta up I-75.  A major benefactor of the museum and a car collector Jon Oscher purchased my 1932 Buick 67S  in May 2019 from an ad in the Bugle and told me it would eventually end up in a museum in Cartersville.  I had no idea it would be such a comprehensive facility and today I received the first newsletter from the museum. Low and behold our 1932 Buick is on the cover as a part of the permanent collection.

We purchased the car out of a warehouse in Connecticut in 2005 , had Jesse Morton owner of Academy Classic Autos in Forestville, CT restore the car over 3.5 years.  It turned out to be Concours quality restoration which we had not planned on but in the end enjoyed showing it all over the country at BCA national events, AACA national and regional meets and half a dozen concours. We also made lots of wonderful Buick friends. By showing it we were introduced to the Buick world and I am now a brain washed Buick guy currently owning  six Buicks from 1921 - 2019 having sold three over the past couple of years.  

The museum will open in the fall of 2021 and since I can't post a PDF here that I made of the newsletter go to savoymuseum.org where it shows some of the detail.  If you would like more info in the newsletter email me at chucknixon67@gmail.com and I will send you the PDF.  If you are in Georgia in the fall of 2021 take a side trip and see the exhibit of cars with more than 300 in storage or in the museum.

Chuck

P.S I have included a few photos of the car from my files.🙂

SavoyMuseum.jpg

32Buickresized2 (2).JPG

1932Buick 7-09 (6) - Copy.JPG

DSC_2363.JPG

1932Buick(9)MA24510224-0025.jpg

DSC_1769%20-%20CopyMA24510334-0008.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • BUICK RACER changed the title to New Museum in Cartersville, GA

Looking forward to a visit when the museum opens,

and will be great to see your fantastic car in person-

so much a reminder of our '34 we let go a few years after having been awarded AACA's Senior Grand National,

and later wished we had presented it for BCA judging.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)