For Sale 1932 Buick 66S $12,000

I'm sure I will regret it but I have decided to sell my 1932 Buick 66s.  It is a running, driving car.  Even the Wizard control works.  Original engine and transmission.  Carburetor could use some adjustment. I have a heater from another 60 series car to go with it as well as a down draft carburetor and intake if you want to convert it. It has the original Marvel set up and heat riser now.     It has 6 wire spoke wheels and wide whitewall tires ( unsure of the age due to buying it from an estate several years ago)  and for the full asking price I will include 5 wood wheels in great condition with white wall tires that are showing significant dry rot on the whitewalls.  Also have 5 artillery hubcaps in ok condition (driver quality).  I also have the lugnuts for the wood wheels.   The paint is peeling in several places on the body but the epoxy primer underneath is intact.  Did not stick well to the primer .  All gauges work.  Interior is in good driver quality condition.  All wood is in good condition and I have found no rust anywhere on the car other than slight surface rust on unpainted surfaces.  I am located in Mobile AL.  That said, Alabama does not issue titles to cars older than 1976 so it will come with the registration papers and a bill of sale that should work in any state.  I will post pictures soon.  $12,000.  251-423-0502   Mike       

1 hour ago, motoringicons said:

This is a really good looking car. When was the last time you saw a 1932 coupe of any make priced this reasonably?  This looks like a really solid example. I would sort it out mechanically, put some blackwalls on it and use it as is. Lots of car for a reasonable price.

To bad i am in Belgium otherwise i hook on my trailer and pick it up .

• Classic Mike changed the title to For Sale 1932 Buick 66S $12,000

Just for reference. I went with a friend who was interested in this stalled project. Sitting apart for about 15 years. Including a set of 6 wire wheels with new hub caps and trim rings. Some extra parts?? The were originally asking $22K. As of now they are firm at $15,000

1932 96 Victoria coupe.

DSCF8450.thumb.JPG.4968d4aabf550c4ec6a443e171755813.JPG

On 11/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, Classic Mike said:

Drivers door drops a little. Hinges are solid  may need a little adjustment. Passenger door closes perfectly. 

0880F306-2F62-4400-BA0B-BEC278388DC2.png

8FE739F4-2B93-4BFD-858E-1FA05A9003E5.png

Dropping door, especially with good hinges, usually indicated bad wood in the frame supporting the door,

and/or bad wood in the door itself -

an expensive, labor-intensive repair.

That issue was what took me so long to eventually find our former '34 Buick,

but what made a dozen years of toring, and the eventual body on chassis restoration to Repeat Senior AACA status so much better (and affordable)-

since gone to new caretaker on this FORUM

On 11/19/2020 at 7:41 PM, dibarlaw said:

Just for reference. I went with a friend who was interested in this stalled project. Sitting apart for about 15 years. Including a set of 6 wire wheels with new hub caps and trim rings. Some extra parts?? The were originally asking $22K. As of now they are firm at $15,000

1932 96 Victoria coupe.

Fantastic car.......fantastic driver, unfortunately project cars are almost impossible to sell today.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 7:41 PM, dibarlaw said:

1932 96 Victoria coupe.

You are probably fine at 15K, especially if the engine has been done to any decent level of professionalism and if the woodwork in body construction is solid (1932 can be a rough year as they were just learning how to drop a car down over the sill so they sat lower). 

If the South American guys get ahold of it, they will cut it up into a vintage racer......that have a 90 Series Buick Sanction. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6. 12. 2020 v 0:26 řekl John_Mereness:

Pravděpodobně jste v pohodě 15 K, zvláště pokud byl motor prokázán na jakoukoli slušnou úroveň profesionality a pokud je konstrukce karoserie pevná (rok 1932 může být těžkým rokem, protože právě teď, jak shodit auto přes prah) tak seděli níže). 

Edited by Jiří Remsa (see edit history)