1926 Reo T6 Roadster

Mark Gregory

• 2 weeks later...

This is all I know from Joe in Canada

know the dismantled car and the driver car. They were both owned by a good friend who restored the one and started the second. The second one got side tracked by a 1963 Buick Riviera then a  1937 LaSalle touring he had restored.  The DOT revoked his licence to drive the day before he was to take the 37 on its first vintage tour and then passed after a very long painful  battle with cancer 

The driver in the first picture stayed in the family and the project was bought by a close friend of Jim's who I also know. The last I heard was the new owner I have not seen in a while is not well.

What I can remember of this project was it was complete and very nice sheet metal. I remember Jim sold his tons of extra REO parts off to a fellow in the US before he passed. He also sold some of his other cars including one to me and the family got one each. 

Jim was far from a shot in the dark car hobby type of guy all his short life. Plus the current owner is far from new in the hobby. There are different reasons why these projects come up for sale.  

Thank you, Mark.  That's a sad story.  As I understand it, the dismantled car was the one offered, and not the completed car (whew!).  This should make us all aware that we should be trying to find people who can take over our incomplete projects should our efforts be....interrupted.  (I have a couple of people in mind for my own projects.)

Edited by Grimy
added one word (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...