FS- 1954 Kaiser Darren- Scottsdale, AZ (Not mine)

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/scottsdale-1954-kaiser-darren/7226766235.html

1954 Kaiser Darren, 22,000 original miles, number 317 of only 435 produced, 3rd owner, garage kept-climate controlled. Lime Green. Car has never been restored, original condition. Runs great, everything works. John 480-226-5111

$99,000

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Never understood these being $100,000 plus cars. Nice cars yes, but essentially a glorified Willys

I'm not sure they are bringing what they were 5-6 years ago... like most stuff.   I think the price is just because they are attractive,  rare, sort of a sports car and the top of the Kaiser mountain.

Just like Packard guys try to climb the mountain,  if you are a Kaiser guy you need to find your way to a Darrin or to a Manhattan.

While a Darrin isn't mechanically innovative, the body design did introduce the sliding door as well as being the first production fiberglass body - beating the Corvette to market by a few weeks. Myself, I enjoy taking my Darrin to Corvette night at the local cruise in, where I just sit back and watch folks stop and stare at the partially open doors. The 'vette guys parked next to me aren't happy, but I get a kick out of it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, jimkf said:

"Myself, I enjoy taking my Darrin to Corvette night at the local cruise in, where I just sit back and watch folks stop and stare at the partially open doors. The 'vette guys parked next to me aren't happy, but I get a kick out of it!"

Something else the early, solid-axle Corvette guys wont admit but recognize is the Kaiser Darrin is head-and-shoulders above their car in design sophistication.  By comparison with the lithe, elegant Darrin, the Corvette looks like a lumpy sack of potatoes...

25 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Something else the early, solid-axle Corvette guys wont admit but recognize is the Kaiser Darrin is head-and-shoulders above their car in design sophistication.  By comparison with the lithe, elegant Darrin, the Corvette looks like a lumpy sack of potatoes...

Agreed with the exception of the nose where Dutch got a little too cute.    Too bad they didn't beef up the engine and suspension more to make it more of a performance car.

• Like 1