Scale Models Needed - Recommended 1/43 to 1/48

I am no longer in the old car hobby from an ownership standpoint.  I have transitioned to the model train hobby, specifically O Scale which is 1:48.   I have purchased a "Furniture Store" premade building because it would be ideal for an old Buick "Agency".   I might combine it with another building for a bigger "footprint" but right now my idea is for a 2 car display inside.  

The reason I purchased it is because of the display windows.  I may try to add a photo of the building later. But it would be ideal to re-purpose for a circa 1920's Buick "Agency" - not so much a dealership as a small business you might see in a smaller town.  My parents are from Columbus Junction, Iowa and I know from them that the town in it's hey day had several of these dealers, but few had many cars to sell at any one time.  

So - what I need are links or suggestions for 1:48 or more than likely 1:43 1920's or maybe 1930's Buicks - I need 2.  Detail matters, and payment price is no (reasonable) object.  I will remove the basic furniture store sign in front, and I will replace it with an authentic Buick script dealer sign.  I will also look for other art I can add to the front such as awnings and ads that can be placed on the side of the building.  I may have a used car lot next to it with more 1:48 (1:43) Buicks and maybe a garage in back of the lot.  

But more on that later.   Send me any links or suggestions.  

And...although I am out of the old car hobby it should be noted I have at least $20,000 in O Scale "stuff" - enough to have purchased a couple of cars.  

There are a few Brooklin examples on eBay now.  I don't know if they are the detail you are looking for.  I've always found the Franklin Mint usually excels in the detail department, but I don't know if they make any Buicks from the '20's or '30's in O Scale.  They make a '50's model Buick in 1/48.

These Brooklin models are on eBay now:

1359939052_ScreenShot2020-11-12at7_33_53PM.thumb.png.ff7435056ef101e55ccd890d495f024b.png

1225469959_ScreenShot2020-11-12at7_35_14PM.thumb.png.e06fcee436b92188252df5a93fd15faa.png

On 11/13/2020 at 9:16 AM, B Jake Moran said:

I am no longer in the old car hobby from an ownership standpoint.  I have transitioned to the model train hobby, specifically O Scale which is 1:48.   I have purchased a "Furniture Store" premade building because it would be ideal for an old Buick "Agency".   I might combine it with another building for a bigger "footprint" but right now my idea is for a 2 car display inside.  

So - what I need are links or suggestions for 1:48 or more than likely 1:43 1920's or maybe 1930's Buicks - I need 2.  Detail matters, and payment price is no (reasonable) object.  I will remove the basic furniture store sign in front, and I will replace it with an authentic Buick script dealer sign.  I will also look for other art I can add to the front such as awnings and ads that can be placed on the side of the building.  I may have a used car lot next to it with more 1:48 (1:43) Buicks and maybe a garage in back of the lot.  

Am also modelling in O scale (On30 narrow gauge) and really wanted to showcase cars as well as railway. I opted to use 1/43rd scale die cast models as they are readily available in a range of makes and models. Found that trying to stay in 1/48 was too restrictive.

Also found that 1:50 in trucks, buses and earth moving and farm equipment does not look out of place either. Good luck in your search, my models of Buick’s are a 1953 Skylark and 1963 Riviera, my time period is circa 1966.

And you could also use a photo to make up a bill board or poster of the new model Buick.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by rodneybeauchamp
Additional information (see edit history)
  • Like 2