Old dealership - Willcockson Motors, St Louis

I am looking to see if any of you have any pictures or information on Willcockson Motors  in St. Louis during the thirties.  It was a Buick-Pontiac dealership owned by my grandfather who died before I was born and was originally the Vesper Buick distributor (bigger and more important than a dealer).

There was a large article on the internet a few years back with modern pictures on when it became listed as a national historic place, and was later torn down, but I would really like to find a period picture of it.  I live on the east coast and don’t envision getting to the St Louis library to search archives and have never found anything on historic websites etc.

I have an old ashtray and a few mechanical pencils from Willcockson Motors but that’s all.  It would be nice to find and old manual or paper item stamped with the name, but that has never happened either. Some years back I emailed the Gateway Buick Club chapter but didn’t hear anything back.  I would love to superimpose a picture of my 40 Buick in front of the building but I don’t have anything from which to work.

Thanks in advance if you know of anything

Phil Taylor BCA #7103

On 11/12/2020 at 1:34 PM, Century Eight said:

I am looking to see if any of you have any pictures or information on Willcockson Motors  in St. Louis during the thirties.  It was a Buick-Pontiac dealership owned by my grandfather who died before I was born and was originally the Vesper Buick distributor (bigger and more important than a dealer).

There was a large article on the internet a few years back with modern pictures on when it became listed as a national historic place, and was later torn down, but I would really like to find a period picture of it.  I live on the east coast and don’t envision getting to the St Louis library to search archives and have never found anything on historic websites etc.

I have an old ashtray and a few mechanical pencils from Willcockson Motors but that’s all.  It would be nice to find and old manual or paper item stamped with the name, but that has never happened either. Some years back I emailed the Gateway Buick Club chapter but didn’t hear anything back.  I would love to superimpose a picture of my 40 Buick in front of the building but I don’t have anything from which to work.

Thanks in advance if you know of anything

Phil Taylor BCA #7103

There’s an array of old dealership photos under Buick Photos and Videos forum. You may find something under this thread.

Architecture and Signage: Historic Buick Dealerships