Torque Tube Eliminator Kit

I already converted my 56 model 48 to an open driveline. Evidently the shop that I had do the trailing arm set up didn't do a very good job (I broke a weld for the third time). I have now purchased a Torque Tube Eliminator Kit. Does anyone have experience with installing this kit so that I can ask a technical question now and then about its installation. I already called Russ Martin and he told me he never installed the kit but just sold them, and not only that but, he was really a middle man for the shop that actually came up with the Torque Tube Eliminator Kit. I also called the shop that sells the kit and they said they have installed the kit but, on an older Buick not a 56. Any technical help would be greatly appreciated, I just want the car to be safe when I put the pedal to the floor.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the reminder. I should have posted an update months ago. I found a shop near me that I trusted to do the work. I dropped the Buick off and the Torque Tube Eliminator kit off at the shop at the beginning of February and the work was completed by the end of March. Of course as always with these old cars more items were discovered that needed attention other that just the installation of the Torque Tube Eliminator kit. So, they blew through my budget quickly. However, I am very satisfied with the end result. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately, I just saw this post about the Torque Tube Eliminator. A friend of mine set his up with C-10 long trailing arms after putting in a '61 full size Buick pumpkin. It bolted right up and has the same axle spline as the '56.  So, everything stayed, axles, housing, brakes rear sway bar, etc. 
Both the Torque Tube Eliminator or C-10 set up will get the desired results. The only drawback is a lot of steel hanging down.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Ghaskett I have a 57 Buick special That I am considering doing the exact same thing but what did you mean by a lot of steel hanging down is that the trailing arms that you could see below the chassie X-ray once it is compleand what did he do about a drive shaft did he have one that was longer and just shortened

• Like 1