1962 Invicta Wagon 1960 Electra NOT MINE

dibarlaw

Subject:A message to: Buick Club of America's PA Chapters

Ronald, Sally, and Lawrence,

I wanted to make you aware of an online auction in Cornwall, PA that contains the following Buicks:

1. 1962 Invicta Station Wagon
  2. 1960 Electra 225 Hardtop

This is an estate auction for my great uncle. Both cars are original, unrestored, and have been stored in a barn for many years. The online auction ends the 19thand currently both cars have bids well below $1,000. I would appreciate you circulating to your community of members in case there would be interest. I have provided a link below to the auction.

https://shirksauctions.hibid.com/catalog/245658/cornwall-online-auction-nov--19/

Best,

-Kyle

On 11/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, dibarlaw said:

Subject:A message to: Buick Club of America's PA Chapters

Ronald, Sally, and Lawrence,

I wanted to make you aware of an online auction in Cornwall, PA that contains the following Buicks:

1. 1962 Invicta Station Wagon
  2. 1960 Electra 225 Hardtop

This is an estate auction for my great uncle. Both cars are original, unrestored, and have been stored in a barn for many years. The online auction ends the 19thand currently both cars have bids well below $1,000. I would appreciate you circulating to your community of members in case there would be interest. I have provided a link below to the auction.

https://shirksauctions.hibid.com/catalog/245658/cornwall-online-auction-nov--19/

Best,

-Kyle

Do you know if Kyle, or some other BCA member in the area would be able to pick up one of the cars and hold it for a few weeks until shipping could be arranged?

Those kind of presentations make me look back over the years and remember how many cheap, older cars I have made some hobby money on. I cleaned them and shined them as if I was taking them to a show. Nothing was lying on the seats or floor. The air cleaner was secure on the carb. And I would get 4 or 5 times what I paid for them.

My grandfather bought buckets of red paint to wipe on the trucks he sold just to cover up rust. "Resale Red", the color of choice. Maybe he taught me more about what buyer's want than he knew.

• Like 1