STEERING WHEEL ADAPTER / KIT

I bought a new Banjo steering wheel that i want to use on my '37 LZ, the original is still in good shape just old and rusty with no horn button, my question is where can i find a kit or an adaptor to install the new steering wheel?

and if anybody is interested in the old steering wheel let me know, i wont be using it, i believe its the original 3 spoke steering wheel, nice condition no dents, gaps or cracks. just plain old. Thanks, Mike.

Couple of questions Mike, what kind of a banjo wheel did you buy? Obviously it is not a prewar Ford version, or it would not require any kind of mounting kit, didn't '37 still have the steering wheel light switch in the middle of the steering wheel? If it is a new after market wheel, it should give you the option of mounting kits, and you need the Ford kit from 1928-'48, and if it will work, the light switch-hornbutton tube for '37, otherwise you are in custom street rod territory, and may need another site, if your original '37 wheel is in usable condition, it is a valuable item, and until you devise a replacement for it, I would sure hang on to it, OC

Hi OC, actually the steering wheel is an aftermarket banjo 15" that was giving to me by a friend, the hub just has a few holes to fit an adaptor or kit. i've seen the same wheel design on most prewar fords in a few pictures. this is probably the only thing i'll be customising on the car, don't really like the original 17" wheel. i've removed the original before and i dont see any signs of wiring or anything indicating a switch, it just slides out of its grove, only one nut holds it in place. pretty sure i'll find a way to put the new one in. so if anybody knows who would carry adapter/kits let me know. Mike

Hi Mike, the obvious way to do it is find the maker of your after market wheel and order the adapter, I have a fair picture of a '36 wheel, with the 3 spokes, probally like your '37, don't have a picture of a '37 wheel, but have a very good one of a '38 banjo type wheel that is probally the kind you want, put your e-mail address on your next reply, and I will send you the two pics I have, OC