For Sale: 1949 Packard Eight Deluxe - $12,500 - Longmont, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,000: November 2021:

For Sale: 1949 Packard Eight Deluxe - $12,500 - Longmont, CO - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,000: November 2021: See New Link Below:

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/longmont-1949-packard/7226699908.html

1949 Packard 4 door sedan. Very nice car. Selling from private collection. If you want a great vintage luxury car this is the one at a great value. Compare on Hemmings. Cars like this are selling for much more. This car features a straight 8 cylinder with manual transmission with Overdrive. Radio, heater, deluxe trim and tan hound's-tooth interior.

Copy and paste in your email:  4ff4815a9279333fb512c00ea2dc8fa9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1949 Packard Eight Deluxe touring sedan.

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO a.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO b.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO ba.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO c.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO d.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO e.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO f.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO g.jpg

'49 Packard Eight Deluxe CO h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,000: November 2021: (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1949 Packard Eight Deluxe - $12,500 - Longmont, CO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,000: November 2021:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,000: November 2021:

1949 Packard - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1949 Packard 4 door sedan. Very nice car. Selling from private collection. If you want a great vintage luxury car this is the one at a great value. Compare on Hemmings. Cars like this are selling for much more. This car features a straight 8 cylinder with manual transmission with Overdrive. Radio, heater, deluxe trim and tan hound's-tooth interior.   odometer: 54152

Copy and paste in your email: 711bc2b713083d62a7357443d02ab27c@sale.craigslist.org

Scream deal alert!!!

'49 Packard CO a.jpg

'49 Packard CO b.jpg

• Like 1

NOW I bet this car will sell for the $8K. At that price it is well worth it.

Unfortunately these Bathtub Packards do not command higher prices (except Conv and Station Sedans)

I hope a Flipper/Dealer do not get their hands on it and "do their thing"

If I had the room I'd seriously consider this one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

Poorly written ad when you say cars like this are selling for much more.  You open up the question of why this one is not, what is it missing or lacking?  

I agree. I usually attribute this kind of ad to the seller not being a knowledgeable car person. For one thing, Hemmings (and any other) ad asking prices are not selling prices. And someone knowledgeable on a specific make/model could point out many differences in condition or equipment that impact value. 

As for this car, it looks to be in good shape. If you wanted one of these this looks like a good one. But the truth is these just aren’t that popular. So they don’t command a lot of money. For $8k I wouldn’t mind having it, but I have other things in my garage that I’d rather have. 

- John

Although the advertisement is poorly written, these 1948-'50 22nd and 23rd Series Packards are not popular cars unless it happens to be a convertible or station sedan as noted.  Much of it has to do with the styling which is an 'acquired taste' and the fact that the basic Eights and Eight Deluxes such aa this example don't convey the prestigious luxury aura still associated with Packard. 

But the flip side is, they're still plentiful in good condition because these were among the highest production years and the cars are well-built, mechanically simple, rugged and durable, if not glamourous.   As such, they trade for reasonable prices and are an excellent value for entry-level collectors.  Unless this particular car is concealing problems or is badly misrepresented when driven and inspected, it is a screaming deal at $8K.

• Like 1