Winter blew in here today...

Chris Bamford

Those are fantastic pics. What model/year car is it? I can image the wind biting while traveling in those conditions.  I suspect with the lack of an enclosed cab, there are no issues with the inside of the window frosting up. I assume there is no type of heater trying to blow warm air at your feet?

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada...No place for the weary!

KeithB7 — the car is my 1926 Model T Touring, a never-fully-restored original (got paint, top and upholstery sometime in the '60s). I've owned it since 2006 and driven it year-round, albeit not often in winter, ever since.

One would thing that the windshield would not frost up but it still does some under certain conditions. To complicate matters, rain and snow sometimes blow into the car and land up on my side of the glass.

TAKerry — I often hear others' experience or belief that the narrow tires do well in the snow. That has never been my experience. For example, the top photo is taken in front of our house where there is the usual slight crown to the road for drainage and I had a little trouble scaling that grade. The tires certainly don't help, very much a summer tread and worn to boot. The car came with a set of Weed chains — these work well and I've used them a few times but gave up after frequent breaks. Chains-on pic from 2013:

26T snow chains 47D.jpg

• Like 6

Last week here in Minnesota was beautiful......changing to rain then snow tomorrow evening + snow on Tuesday. One last run today for the season with my Model T. I do have side curtains which are very snug, they look better hanging on my shop wall. I do not need the challenge of winter driving with those skinny tires!

3A895E68-4C13-4DDE-A713-9091C352418F.jpeg

• Like 6

Chris

I had our big 6 cyl 14 Premier out for a 50 mile road test Sunday. I prefer our Vancouver weather to yours though. It was 6C, cold enough for me. By the way I bet I used a lot more gas than you did.....

Ken

20201108_135301 (Large).jpg

20201108_135303 (Large).jpg

• Like 3

On 11/8/2020 at 9:29 AM, 28 Chrysler said:

First time it rained here yesterday (Saturday 11-7) since April, about 210 days.

42 currently in the Southwest at 5:49am. Meanwhile the wife is in menopause and refuses to turn on the heat...

Please send help ! 

• Haha 3

82F in O'town at moment. Remember getting off school in Flint, MI for Thanksgiving and heasing for Easton, MD. Every year there would be a blizzard. Would just turn heat on MAX and head east. Picked up sister at Dulles one year and she got in then got right back out saying it was over 100F in there. Back then was when I learned that GM cars with AC had the best heaters.

While there is unseasonably warm weather in most of The Midwest ...

Today in Wyoming along I-80

10 hours of driving netted 225 miles

headed westbound with black ice 

and blowing snow and west and southwest headwinds averaging 35 mph gusting to over 50 mph 

This is my last trip along I-80 and

I-90/94 for the year - also I-70.

Jim

A11D750A-72BF-4F37-9EB0-81DA761C293B.thumb.jpeg.726c566d2bb2b095c016035754bbdb3f.jpeg

1BE57678-4787-41A2-B0F9-B8168F705F3F.thumb.jpeg.9fe5fe4e2e04e62aed16c72dae301b4e.jpeg

21 hours ago, KLF said:

Chris

I had our big 6 cyl 14 Premier out for a 50 mile road test Sunday. I prefer our Vancouver weather to yours though. It was 6C, cold enough for me. By the way I bet I used a lot more gas than you did.....

Ken

20201108_135301 (Large).jpg

20201108_135303 (Large).jpg

How's the rad?  I wouldn't imagine it would get too hot in November.

I was out for a drive on Sunday also.  Great day!

Peter

2 hours ago, PFindlay said:

How's the rad?  I wouldn't imagine it would get too hot in November.

The new radiator core has made a huge difference. Previously even in this temperature I would overheat after 5-6  miles. The old core was so plugged that I was pumping water out the overflow instead of cooling the engine! Not anymore.

Ken

P1070510 (2).JPG

Unusual warm fall here in the Smokly Mountains.  77 degrees today at noon.  Starting to get  alittle rain in front of the next hrrrixcane in the Gulf.

I would gofor a ride, but don;t want ot have to detail again before winter.  (Which I hope does not come)

FordorCover.thumb.jpg.3c5a3a6c5824fc033e0002fa8ebcfaba.jpg

• Like 5