Best Radio Repair

Eddie-O

Hello All,

I'd like to send my 41 tube radio out for repairs and would like to know who does the best work and keep it stock? I don't wish to make any modern updates, just service the radio and replace the speaker as built.

Thank's for any input

I've had excellent success From Retro Radio Restoration on several radios, both as original, and also for a couple which were updated to receive AM/FM/ipod/CD input

Electronics repair shop in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
 Address: 5524 Ridge Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022 
Edited by Marty Roth
additional note (see edit history)

I had a very good experience with https://www.billtheradioguy.com/.  Also, I think you might want to reconsider the update question.  I opted for the FM option with an AUX channel.  I can listen to FM and also ran a patch chord from the AUX jack into the glove box so I can hook up my phone (out of sight) and listen to whatever I want.  I have no objection to improvements as long as they're invisible!

Neil

• Like 1

Eddie-O

There is a guy on the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America Forum that specializes in repairing/restoring Chevrolet and other GM radios.  I recently purchased some new Knobs from him for my 1939 Chevy radio I am going to restore myself  (I Hope).  He lives in Vancouver, Washington.

Anyway, he says he can help you with a stock restoration for your 41 Buick radio.  I suggest you contact him and see what he can do for you.

Raymond Holland  

chev33radio@comcast.net

• 1 month later...

Well I took Neil's advise and sent my radio out to Bill's for repairs. Having it overhauled to fix what ever needs fixing and having the FM addition installed. Since there would be no change in the looks, I went with it. Checked out other repair services closer to NY and they were all more costly for the same service as Bill. Plus they had a turn around time of four months. Granted, the car is sleeping for the winter but who knows where I'll be in four months. I'd probably forget about it by then. Will be nice to have FM also. I did find a tag and chalk markings on the radio back marked Apr.3 1940. Thought that was kind of neat.

• Like 1

I also used Bill the Radio Guy and I am very pleased.  He installed a blue tooth chip in there so I can listen to my Goodman, Shaw, Miller, Dorsey and James all day!  I love it.  He also wired in extra speaker wire in case I ever want to add rear speakers and he hid a USB pigtail so I can charge my cell phone if needed.  All in all I highly recommend his work.

• 2 weeks later...