1928 Cadillac Coupe de Ville - first owner Ignace Jan Paderewski pianist, composer and politician

Frankly it looks like a deal of the century. Cadillac 1928, bodied by Gangloff Geneve is completelly intact, original, matching and got 00975 on the clock. Yes, correct - just 975 kilometers. This car, offered for sale in Switzerland, belongs previously to the well known Polish pianist, composer and politician - Prime Minister, Minister of foreign affairs and Chief of the National Council of Poland (WW2)- Ignacy (Ignace) Jan Paderewski (18 Nov 1860-29 June 1940). 

Car is not mine 

Link: https://www.prewarcar.com/308637-1928-cadillac-341-coupe-de-ville-gangloff-geneve

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 2.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 5.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 10.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 8.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 11.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 14.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 9.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 16.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 6.jpg

Cadillac 341 Gangloff Geneve Foto 1.jpg

Edited by Piotr M
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 3

It's big, ugly, and unusual.........I like it a lot! 1928 is a lousy year for Cadillac's when it comes to collecting. What is the price in US dollars? If it were local, and priced to sell...............it's the kind of car that appeals to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, alsancle said:

No price?  Great history but unattractive body means tough sell at any number.  

On 11/4/2020 at 11:03 AM, Piotr M said:

The biggest surprise - and a nice one - is this car's asking price in CHF. Five-digit only

Well, you guys know I am fond of mid to late 1920s Cadillacs. Ugly duckling ? Yeah, but very elegant surroundings for occupants of the passenger compartment. White Swan ? Uh : white elephant  ? I don't know. But what I WOULD like to know is the price. 5 digit CHFs would mean somewhere in between 10,000 to 99,999 of 'em. What would that be in USDs, I wonder. I think that would leave the price anywhere between a "steal", and a "ripoff". Right ? Anyone know ? I am one of those guys who buys cars based upon what I would like to own, rather than who else might have owned them in the past. I will always pass on a car which has perceived enhanced value due to previous ownership. I quite simply enjoy driving and having them myself. Now on the other hand, if Madonna had had previous ownership, and had retained and exercised periodic visitation rights, that covenant would be worth paying for.......................

Yeah : just what is the price of this car CHF________? USD_________?    -   Cadillac Carl asking, please.

Ben, You should not conclude that nobody cares. There is the butterfly effect, after all. This is a remarkable forum for generous spirits and a lot of different interests. These are generally only hinted at, because we stick close to the mandate: cars cars cars. However, it must be clear to readers that contributors have lots of other interesting ideas rattling around in their heads too. And some members clearly know each other well while I, like others, am situated on the sidelines.

31 minutes ago, Michael J. Barnes said:

Ben, You should not conclude that nobody cares. There is the butterfly effect, after all. This is a remarkable forum for generous spirits and a lot of different interests. These are generally only hinted at, because we stick close to the mandate: cars cars cars. However, it must be clear to readers that contributors have lots of other interesting ideas rattling around in their heads too. And some members clearly know each other well while I, like others, am situated on the sidelines.

Yes you’re right, so for the sake of clarity - I edited out my more doubtful comments.

The general population though.... 

This car really reminds me of the Isotta Sala Riva town car which somehow brought over 400K a few years ago in Arizona.    Great condition, history, provenance, ownership,  etc,  just needs different wheels and 6 inches taken out of the greenhouse. 

https://www.classic.com/veh/1924-isotta-fraschini-tipo-8a-landaulet-by-carrozz-vnKyydp/

Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A Landaulet by Sala & Riva - Revivaler

• Piotr M changed the title to 1928 Cadillac Coupe de Ville - first owner Ignace Jan Paderewski pianist, composer and politician