1938 Special trunk liner

Pete Phillips

Hi Pete,

I have a number of photos of a '38 trunk which i have been trying to extract from an article i have been working on for some time on 36-38 Buick Trunks. I'll have to wait until one of my children are available to do this for me before i can send it too you. From my research, the '38 trunk is covered in a beige fabric with an diamond shaped pattern which is edged with a rubber/ vinyl bead , the floor is covered in a rubber mat.  Bonny Lebaron used to supply a perfect replica of the fabric, Cheers Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul White said:

Hi Pete,

I have a number of photos of a '38 trunk which i have been trying to extract from an article i have been working on for some time on 36-38 Buick Trunks. I'll have to wait until one of my children are available to do this for me before i can send it too you. From my research, the '38 trunk is covered in a beige fabric with an diamond shaped pattern which is edged with a rubber/ vinyl bead , the floor is covered in a rubber mat.  Bonny Lebaron used to supply a perfect replica of the fabric, Cheers Paul

PS: does your '38 have side mount spare tyres?

• Like 1

I just received a '38 Buick Spl, 2dr sdn, the car had two owners over a 80 year span, the last owner had the car for a little over two years. The car was sold to me as being an unmolested, well maintained survivor, which the condition of the car supports.

A review of the trunk area revealed an original spare tire and wheel, along with what appears to be a complete set of factory tools.

I noted a brown jute like material bound with a brown material on the edges that covered the left and right side of the truck. The material fits the body very well...

See attached pix.

38 Buick Spl Lt trnk. 14. jpg.jpg

38 Buick Spl Trnk Rt. 15. jpg.jpg

38 Buick Spl spr tr. 7. jpg.jpg

• Like 1