Best place for pot metal replating

kreed

No brainer.......send them to Advanced Plating in Tenessee. their work is amazing. I had them do

the center cap for the wood wheel I was putting together for my car and it was pitted like it came off the deck of the Titanic

and now it is absolutely flawless, and the price to do it was ridiculously cheap at 150.00.

• Like 2

There are many shops that perform quality pot metal chroming, Advanced Plating is not the only option.  Google searches for "forum" and "pot metal plating" may uncover one even closer to your location.  I personally like Paul's Chrome in PA.  The lead time for work at Advanced is on the long side, in part because of their shop fire catch-up work (and not their first big fire either).

I used Paul's once to rechrome some trim rings for some Hurst wheels on my GTO and they did a lousy job on them.

Advanced Plating is completely caught up from the fire, the reason they always have a backlog is because they do such fine work.

The Finishing Touch in the Chicago area does work as nice as Advanced but they charge more for it. They rechromed and straightened a rear bumper for my GTO and it is beautiful but it cost me 2,000.00. Advanced does all the chrome work on the finest

show cars in the country, builds that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I did tons of research and talked to a lot of people before I   gave Advanced my steering wheel cap, and I was thrilled with the result and the price.