Windshield Wiper Motor Questions

I am having to replace the windshield motor in my 63. I have purchased a good motor out of a 64. Are the motors interchangeable between the the 63, 64 and 65 years? 

Regardless of which motor I do use I will want to replace the motor to firewall gasket and the motor grommets. I see that OPGI has both listed for the 63-65 Riviera. The part numbers they have listed are also sold by some other vendors. Has anyone purchased these items and if so, where did you purchase them from? 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

For that type of part i would go with opgi. I was looking at these the other day bc I need them also. The fact they list for 63 -65 is a good indicator the first gen riviera likely all use the same motor. You could do a parts lookup or go to a site like Rock Auto and look up a wiper motor for a 63 and 64 and see if it gives you back the same part numbers and that will answer your question. 

I can not say with 100% certainty, but 99% sure the motors are interchangeable.  If there are differences, they'd be in the motor mount or the ball crank.  If it were me, I'd simply swap-over those components from the original wiper motor, bench test and install.  ;)

On 11/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, 64Rivvy said:

For that type of part i would go with opgi. I was looking at these the other day bc I need them also. The fact they list for 63 -65 is a good indicator the first gen riviera likely all use the same motor. You could do a parts lookup or go to a site like Rock Auto and look up a wiper motor for a 63 and 64 and see if it gives you back the same part numbers and that will answer your question. 

6 hours ago, EmTee said:

I can not say with 100% certainty, but 99% sure the motors are interchangeable.  If there are differences, they'd be in the motor mount or the ball crank.  If it were me, I'd simply swap-over those components from the original wiper motor, bench test and install.  ;)

Thanks to you both for responding. Rock Auto does not list a wiper motor for the first Generation Riviera but, Turbinator found a listing for me on StockWise Auto for a remanufactured wiper motor for the 1963 & 1964 Riviera. It is from A1 Cardone and is the same number (40-112) and motor for those 2 years. It does not list that motor for the 1965 even if you do a separate search for the 1965. There must have been some sort of change for 1965. 

Bill