Dodge Marathon car

I am still looking for photos of the 1930 Dodge Marathon car from 1930 - 1931.  I have several originals and would like to find others for a project I have been working on for some time.  Any and all help is appreciated and thanks to those that have helped in the past. 

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, alsancle said:

So what is a "Marathon"?   The eight?   My advice is that when fishing it is best to put bait in the water.   Post some pictures of your cars and you might generate more activity on your thread.

The_South_Bend_Tribune_Sun__Oct_5__1930_.jpg

Yes, this is the car I am looking for pictures of for my project.  You are right, I should have put a picture up to show the car.  Thanks

You are right Jack, a couple of years ago there were several original photos of the Doge * Marathon Car on E-Bay and I did win the bids on a few of them but lost others to higher bids.  I still have hopes of finding more of the pictures and will continue my search.  Thanks.

m63373590038_8r.jpg

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

It is just this single car that did a cross country jaunt?

Yes, there was only the one Marathon car and it made many trips all over the USA.  I have documented that there were other Dodge 8's painted similar to the Marathon car to use as advertisement and for demo drives but they had differences that show they are not "THE" car.   I have found articles that show it was still going, a year after it started and would run every day with a team of drivers that would trade off the driving and also had a representative from AAA with the car to verify that everything was kept on the up and up for the trips.  I have a 1930 Dodge 8 and have been working on trying to trace the trips, where it was on what day and who was the team driving each leg of the marathon.  I am trying to locate original photos of the car, taken in 1930 and 1931 to have proof of the cars presents in the different cities as it traveling.  A huge project but one I enjoy working on.  I need more photos or original advertisements before I can start putting everything I have together and in print.  I also have many articles from old newspapers of the 1930 and 1931 time frame to help document the trips.  Thanks for any help.

Bob

• Like 1