Number of mounting holes per wheel for 1919 Touring Car

pwiernicki

I have a 1919 Touring Car that I'm having restored and need your help. Three of the wheels have 6 mounting holes in the felloes and one wheel has 4 mounting holes. Does anyone know what might be model correct for that year/style. Might it have changed between model years?
Edited by pwiernicki
Re-worded (see edit history)

21 hours ago, pwiernicki said:

Three of the four wheels have 6 felloes and one has 4.

The "felloe" is the band either wood or metal that surrounds the ends of the spokes.  The piece that the demountable rim mounts on.  Therefore only one felloe per wheel even though it may be made up of multiple pieces. The parts that clamp the rim to the felloe are either called clamps or wedges.

wedges.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• pwiernicki changed the title to Number of mounting holes per wheel for 1919 Touring Car
On 10/29/2020 at 5:40 AM, icerolyuk said:

Hi 

this is my early 1920 Maxwell tourer which is fitted with late 1919 engine

I assume by “felloes” you mean the wheel rim connectors? Mine has 5 front and back 

best wishes 

E92D7878-ABC0-4DBC-9C19-CBBFB017A4BE.jpeg

Hi friend - I'm actually looking to find out how many mounting holes there are inside the rim. Three of my wheels have 6 mounting holes and one of the wheels has 4. Can you tell me what you have on your car? Our two cars are very similar.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:02 AM, pwiernicki said:

Hi friend - I'm actually looking to find out how many mounting holes there are inside the rim. Three of my wheels have 6 mounting holes and one of the wheels has 4. Can you tell me what you have on your car? Our two cars are very similar.

Hi I’ll get back to you as I’m stuck in Spain at the moment in lockdown and mine is in the north of England so I’ll be a while till I get back and I’m not sure exactly how many holes there are securing the metal rim to the wood. Originally o thought your question was about the tire mounting to the rim with the felloes of which there are five on each of my tires .... I’ll get back to you eventually but won’t be for at least four weeks - cheers for now .... Peter