1991 Polo Green with 93k and 1989 parts car need to go. $1000 takes all!

jbeary

I am tired of fighting with my wife about these cars and they need to go like yesterday. I have many additional parts and have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on all this stuff. I have entertained piecing out already and the prospective buyer needs to understand that the amount I am asking is reflected as a package deal only. Meaning don't come to me with $1000 expecting to take away one item.

89 is a parts car as it is a rust bucket, has very high mileage and hasn't been driven in many years. However, I went through the trouble of rebuilding the engine and transmission in this car and they are practically brand new. I cracked the timing cover putting it back together and now it leaks oil like crazy. Basically junk now because a timing cover is worth more than the car itself. Was started about six months ago and has many many good usable parts.

91 was a nice car until some idiot ran a light and hit the passenger door. I was in the process of changing the headliner and had started to put the dash back together after fixing a busted defroster flap and never put much time into the car after the wreck. At some point I must have figured that any additional time I spent on the car is going to be wasted because I just stopped working on it. Now the constant bellyaching about the space these cars consume makes it so I cannot move forward. The 91 is registered and insured and driven weekly. It has good tires and runs okay. The dented passenger door was replaced, painted and looks good. However the wreck completely derailed my ideas about putting more money into the car.

I had bought and was rebuilding a supercharged engine for this car but I can't be putting this back together anytime soon. The block, crank and cam have already been to the machine shop and are prepped to be put back together.

I have many other extra small and large parts, two extra doors, an extra hood and trunk, extra headlight motors and many other extra parts too numerous to name. If it's treasure, great, if its trash, then it will be up to you to take and toss.

These cars both have a valid title in my name but should be considered as PARTS cars! What I want is to sell everything at what will surely be a humongous loss so I no longer have to listen to my wife telling me how these cars are adding to her misery. If there are no takers I intend to call a hauler to take it all away so if you're interested, you may as well make me an offer now.

Your Contact information (Phone/Email/Private Message/???): jbeary@gmail.com

Asking Price: $1000 takes all Willing to take trade? (Y/N): Can't imagine what for looks to downsize and stop arguing about cars

Year: 1991 & 1989   Body Type: Coupe: both   VIN: 1991 Green car is: 1G4EC13L9MB901429, 1989 Silver car is: 1G4EC11C5KB900164

Vehicle Location: (if applicable) Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Mileage:1991 Approximately 93K, 1989  Approximately 193K Mileage considered correct? (Y/N): Y

I have owned this Reatta for: I have owned both since 2014 or around 6 Years.

I am the third owner of both these Reattas.

Title Status: Clear

Any Accident History? (Y/N) Y- If Y please explain: See above

Exterior Color: 1991 is Polo Green,  1989 is silver   Interior Color: 1991 is Medium Beech wood, 1989 is blue

Paint Original? (Y/N): N Paint Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Fair

Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Black/Body Color): 1991 is Polo Green, 1989 is Black

Body Dents: (Y/N): N 

Body Rust: (Y/N): 1991 has little to no rust, 1989 has extensive rust

Windshield Chipped or Cracked? (Y/N) I think both have chipped windshields

Vent Glass Intact? (Y/N): Y - If N please describe: _________________________

Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Rubber molding for coupe rear window condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor) Okay

Out Side Mirrors Intact? (Y/N): Y Headlight Motors Function Correctly? (Y/N): Possibly

Tail Light Lens: (Clear/Cloudy/Cracked): Cloudy on both and I have an extra if you need a part. Both have all their letters

16 Way Seats? (Y/N): Y - Working? (Y/N): Y -

Seat Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): 1991 Driver seat is rough but still intact, other seats are okay

Interior Original? (Y/N): Y

Drivers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Passengers interior door panel condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Center console top armrest condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Door weather stripping condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Headliner Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): No headliner in 91, Don't know about the 89

Carpet Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Faded

Original Floor Mats? (Y/N): Y - Condition: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Used

Condition of Steering Wheel Leather: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): 1991 was replaced with a nice one from an 89. Have original which is in poor condition. Steering wheel in the 89 is in pretty good condition from what i recall.

Sun Roof? (Y/N): Y - Works? (Y/N): Bareley

Functional Keyless Entry? (Y/N): Y- Both Remotes? (Y/N): I have multiple original remotes

Problems with Electronic Dash items? (Y/N): N - If Y describe problems: _______________

Power Windows Work Correctly? (Y/N): Y Power Seats Work Correctly? (Y/N): Y

Power Door Locks Work Correctly? (Y/N): Y Power Antenna Work Correctly? (Y/N): Y

Original Sound System? (Y/N): N Factory CD Player? (90-91 only) (Y/N): Y

Aftermarket Sound System Equipment? (Y/N): N - If Y describe: _________________

Sound System Fully Functional? (Y/N): N - If N please describe: Removed due to dash removal

A/C Functional? (Y/N): Y - If N describe problem: _________________________

Has the A/C been converted from R12 to R134A? (Y/N): Y 1991 blows ice cold at this time has "history" of heater programmer issues in memory since heater programmer was from the 89. The 89 does not have a heater programmer. I have the old busted one from the 91.

Does the suspension require any attention? (Y/N): Probably 

Tire Brand: 1991 has Bridgestone, 1989 has BF Goodrich Remaining Tread: 1991 at least half 89 tires are bald Are All Tires Matched? (Y/N): Y

Factory Wheels? (Y/N): Y - If N describe the non stock wheel: I have been using 17 inch Cadillac rims on the 1991 and have original rims for both

Factory Wheel Center Caps Condition (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Missing Caps? (Y/N): N - If Y number missing: ____

Any Brake Components Replaced? (Y/N): Y

If Brake Components were replaced describe: (part(s) replaced and when: 1991 had general service, brakes replaced fluid replaced, etc. When it came back from the collision shop, anti-lock light was on. The brakes in the 1989 actually work okay so a lot was probably replaced at some time.

Last Time Brake System Was Flushed: (Date flushed/Don't know):  About four years ago, needs to be done again.

Original Engine? (Y/N): Y - If N date replaced: ______ - How many miles on replacement? ______

Original Engine Rebuilt? (Y/N): 1989 was rebuilt and has less than 100 miles on it - If Y when and how many miles ago? __________

Does Engine require attention? (Y/N): 1989 needs a timing cover, 1991 has 93k on it and will probably need something that's why I bought another engine but never installed. Original engine in the 91 runs good and does not leak or blow smoke. Idle is good - If Y what needs to be done: ____________________

When was last tune up? five years ago How often do you change the oil? when it gets cloudy

Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? (Y/N): On the 89 YES on the 91 NO

Describe in detail what is leaking, to what extent: 1989 needs a timing cover bad

Original Transmission? (Y/N): Y - If N date replaced: ______ - Miles on replacement: _______

Original Transmission Rebuilt? (Y/N): On the 89 - If Y when and how many miles ago? ________

Does Transmission require attention? (Y/N): N - If Y what needs to be done? _______________

When was last Transmission Service? About four years ago

Any Transmission Leaks? (Y/N): N - If Y to what extent? ____________________

Have CV joints been replaced? (Y/N): N - If Y when and how many miles ago? __________

How many receipts for this vehicle's service history? (all/most/some/none): I may have some

Explain any major work performed on this car: See above

Does the car have the owners manual portfolio? (Y/N): 1991 Yes but I do not believe it to be original to the car

(90/91 Reattas only)

The Portfolio contains the following:
*Craftsmen?s Log (Y/N): Y *Tire gauge (Y/N): N *Flashlight (Y/N): N *Road Atlas (Y/N): Y

In General, What items need attention on this Reatta? PARTS CARS ONLY!!!!!!!

My Reatta Drives: (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Okay

Other comments about this Reatta: Pictures available upon request. THANKS!

I did not read the details on the cars......... did you say where they are located?   On a take everything deal,  it almost needs to be someone fairly close so they can make multiple trips 

or the cost of shipping ruins the deal.      Looking at your other cars and where they were purchased my guess you are in the Baton Rouge area. 

Sounds like a good deal.

I read the part about the timing cover getting cracked and had never heard of this before but about two  months ago I sent a timing cover to Germany because the fellow putting his back together did the same thing.