'65 steering wheel question

RIVNIK

I recently restored my stock wheel by filling a few cracks & having my local bodyshop shoot it w black lacquer. Turned out perfect, save for one problem. The plastic chrome decal thingy that runs in the groove is long gone. Even though a few GMs had similar feature I can't imagine there is a product specifically made for this. Has anyone attempted to recreate this strip? Schmitty are you still out there??

I added an original wood steering wheel to my car a year ago and I still have my very very nice original

dark green steering wheel. It has one tiny crack that is very difficult to see where the right spoke meets the rim,

and a very hard to see stress crack on the underside of the center part. The chrome insert is gorgeous, but it would be

destroyed if you tried to remove it. You should be able to paint my wheel black and have a gorgeous steering wheel.

Also, the horn bar on my wheel is absolutely perfect in every way with no flaws or pitting. My wheel is the nicest unrestored

65 wheel I have ever seen. I'll sell it to you for 200.00 plus shipping if you want it. Here is a pic from when it was still

on my car..... 

RSCN0250.JPG

DSCN0195.JPG

• Like 1