Have you had any dealings with this vendor? fcrcmachine.com

Fossil

I have been happy with everything I've purchased from Bernbaum's Auto Parts. The people answering the phone and taking orders are quite knowledgeable and helpful, and they've shipped items quickly. 

I've also had great luck with Then and Now Antique Auto in Massachusetts. Their knowledge is encyclopedic...really hard to believe.  

• Thanks 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Have you had any dealings with this vendor? fcrcmachine.com

Hey fossil,

Their address is listed as "French Camp, Ca. which is the south side of Stockton.

Call the BBB or Cof C in Stockton and see if they know this business.

Seeing their picture of components, at $260.00 for the kit, i would jump on it.

If you call them, get a couple of previous customers names and check them out.

I may be right behind you for a set on the '31 CG.

Mike in Colorado

1 hour ago, FLYER15015 said:

Call the BBB or Cof C in Stockton and see if they know this business.

Good idea.  Try and do it in the morning.  

The suspicious thing is there is no phone number for them on their site.  

Vic's Dodge Garage  in Corvallis Oregon has some things that others don't have.

Very nice fellow. 

Then and Now in Massachusetts has a bad website but they have vast experience in the parts business and an extensive shop.  

I'd try telephoning Then & Now but you'll probably have to wait a couple of days for an answer after they check inventory--which was NOT online when I was able to buy two sets of valve springs for a Series 80 Pierce-Arrow at a very good price a few years ago.  Their forte is fuel pump rebuilding and kits, of course, but they seems to have a wide variety of parts for pre-war cars.  I've used their fuel pump rebuilding service 4 or 5 times and the service was been superb.

FCRC Machine is a distributor for Rare Parts products. Rare Parts makes a lot of otherwise unobtanium parts for collector cars, such as the center link for my 1967 Delta 88. I've used them before with no issues. In a lot of cases, the items Kanter sells also come from Rare Parts.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

FCRC Machine is a distributor for Rare Parts products. Rare Parts makes a lot of otherwise unobtanium parts for collector cars, such as the center link for my 1967 Delta 88. I've used them before with no issues. In a lot of cases, the items Kanter sells also come from Rare Parts.

I don’t know if you can still do it, but you used to be able to buy directly from Rare Parts. The drag link on my '33 is from them and I ordered directly. Not cheap, but the part was well made and fit exactly as it should.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

FCRC Machine is a distributor for Rare Parts products.

I'm glad you have had good results. There was no hits about them on the BBB site but the reviews I've found were not good. Interestingly I have found two business going by the same name. One in California and the other in Nevada. Tried calling the number I found at several locations on the web for the one in Cal. and it was someone's home and knew nothing of the business. Most of the complaints were about not getting any response from them. I've emailed them twice from their website and have gotten no reply. As of now I think I'll pass on sending them money. 

I had my drag link remanufactured by Rare Parts a few months ago.  Great service and only a 1 week turn around.

I paid about $400 for the service (1965 Buick Electra).

I did find that the exact same service was available at Autozone for less money. Their ad even said the item was supplied by Rare Parts, and there was a core charge.
And after returning the core, I could have saved 75 bucks.

Since the part is so difficult to find, I didn't take the chance with a middleman, and dealt with Rare Parts directly.

I've also dealt with Then and Now and had great service.  Yes, hard to get a real person to answer the phone, but when you do talk to someone, they are very knowledgeable.

I did learn that there are a few less employees at Then and Now then there used to be. At one time I believe he said there were 6, and now it's only 2 or 3 working the shop.

when I talk with him on the phone, I never felt that he was trying to hurry and he shipped it to me quickly. 

I'll deal with both of these vendors again.

Good Luck

Bill

• Like 2

I tried Northwestern this morning and they were very helpful but didn't have the kingpins.  They were able to give me the TRW #K6. 

I called Rare Parts and they had the king pins in stock. They were also very helpful and gave me their part #. The odd thing is they are also in Stockton  CA. as is FCRC Machine. So I did a little checking and their part number is even the same.  I'll let you know how this turns out.