1935 Dodge Truck fuel gauge

broberts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks! My wire harness was redone but it was homemade by the person who restored the truck. I've recently purchased a new harness which I plan on installing.

As I fill the gas tank, I’m getting a change in resistance at both the sending unit and at the wire that goes to the dash (and the numbers match). The wire from the ignition switch to the fuel gauge has a star lock washer, but the one from the sending unit does not.

-- Brian

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Thanks! My wire harness was redone but it was homemade by the person who restored the truck. I've recently purchased a new harness which I plan on installing.

As I fill the gas tank, I’m getting a change in resistance at both the sending unit and at the wire that goes to the dash (and the numbers match). The wire from the ignition switch to the fuel gauge has a star lock washer, but the one from the sending unit does not.

-- Brian

Take out the sending unit, and the gauge from the cluster, put it on your bench, add some voltage, and see what is happening...always best to eliminate all the variables...and go direct.