For Sale: 1935 REO Flying Cloud - $38,000 - Smithtown, LI,NY - Not Mine - Priced Reduced to $28,000

For Sale: 1935 REO Flying Cloud - $38,000 - Smithtown, LI,NY 

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/smithtown-1935-reo-flying-cloud/7217013792.html

Extremely rare 1935 REO Flying Cloud, a real survivor, 4 suicide doors Sedan.  Garage kept. It has the original straight – six (6) Cylinder 268 Cu-In Engine & original Self-Shifter semi- Automatic transmission. Runs great, RUST FREE.  2 owners, many records include original owner’s manual and dealer window sticker. an older restoration this car remains in good shape. the car is an absolute jewel. with a unique history it sure to make a great addition to anyone’s collection.  Many award- winning in classic car shows through the years and REO Club recognition. 

Ransom Eli Olds founded the REO Motor Car Company in 1904 after leaving the Olds Motor Works Company (Oldsmobile) which he also founded. When he left Oldsmobile, he was precluded from using his name (Olds) for another auto company, so he chose to use his initials (REO). By the fall of 1904, the new company began producing its first vehicles. REO produced a variety of cars and trucks (Speed wagons) until 1936 when car production ceased due to the effects of the depression. 

One of REO's two most memorable cars is the REO Flying Cloud, introduced in 1927.
The Flying Cloud was the first car to use Lockheed's new hydraulic internal expanding brake system and featured styling by Fabio Segardi. While Ned Jordan is credited with changing the way advertising was written with his "Somewhere West of Laramie" ads for his Jordan Playboy, REO's Flying Cloud——a name that provoked evocative images of speed and lightness——changed the way automobiles would be named in the future.

Contact:  Interested, text me: (516) nine-2-four-4-zero-5-five

Copy and paste in your email:  b644f010a6813084b26978fd408699d7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1935 REO Flying Cloud sedan.

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY a.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY b.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY c.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY d.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY e.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY f.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY g.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY h.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY i.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY j.jpg

'35 REO Flying Cloud LINY k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1935 REO Flying Cloud - $38,000 - Smithtown, LI,NY - Not Mine - Priced Reduced to $28,000

Those special-effects lenses folks use to photograph cars, houses, etc. to make them look bigger/more spacious make me nauseous.

Interesting, cool car; not sure if it's $28K interesting, though. The running boards look homemade, too.