What is this light for?

Eric351

Id say its a shop light. Nice with the nickel plating still so nice.  I need to go through some of my old auto supply and equipment catalogs to see if I can find one like it. Any markings on it at all?  Most had a wood handle so am wondering if the handle (shaft) on this one had some kind of covering at one time?

Terry

• Thanks 1

The bulb looks 110ac so a drop light for at home/shop.  If you take out the bulb it should have the voltage on it somewhere, but a common light bulb screw in base should be a telltale.  It is in beautiful condition.  You can still buy cloth covered twisted wire new to restore it to working condition.  Here are some others I found.  You could have a new handle made by someone who has a wood lathe.

Vintage Cage Light - Antique Hanging Trouble Light Fixture -- Shop  Warehouse Industrial Work Lamp - Bare Bulb Edison Task Pendant Li… | Cage  light, Work lamp, LightLighting – Page 3 – Industrial Artifacts

So the bulb is about an 1 1/4" round? (the scale was messing with me)  Yes it would be a vehicle trouble light most likely designed to plug into a cigarette lighter....of course if it is older... it could have had a hand held battery pack of some sort making 16 volts?

• Thanks 1