For Sale: 1963 Rambler Ambassador 990 Station Wagon - $9,700 - New Marshfield, OH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Rambler Ambassador 990 Station Wagon - $9,700 - New Marshfield, OH

https://athensohio.craigslist.org/cto/d/new-marshfield-1963-rambler-wagon/7217213225.html

1963 AMC Ambassador 990 Station wagon, AMC 327 V8 rebuilt, three on the tree standard transmission with overdrive, new interior, new wheels & tires, good solid body and fun to drive.

Copy and paste in your email:   53212456fd0531eebf23184b8e845bb8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Rambler Ambassador 990 Station Wagon.

Note: Another Rambler station wagon to relive your misspent youth in.  The 327, stick with OD makes this a nice spritely driver, would benefit from a good buff and wax.

'63 AMC Ambassador 990 Stationwagon OH a.jpg

'63 AMC Ambassador 990 Stationwagon OH b.jpg

'63 AMC Ambassador 990 Stationwagon OH c.jpg

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know if that paint is original. If so, it could possibly be salvaged (redeemed.) Us old car guys learn to look beyond deficiencies and visualize potential, whether we buy drivers (like me) or restoration projects.

That being said, mag wheels on 4 door station wagons or sedans - as easy to change out as they are - are a huge mental block for me. That's because I'm old enough to remember when the only people who put mags on 50's - 60's era four door American cars (especially wagons) were dweebs who thought mags turned any car into a chick magnet. Why not use the money spent on that set of mags to get that paint professionally buffed out?

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1