1967 Glidden Tour Book - Anyone Have One ?

Trulyvintage

Guest Mark McAlpine

Once the AACA Library is moved into the new building and unpacked (they started moving this past week), contact the Library and ask if they have a copy of the 1967 Glidden Tour tour book.  (They have some of them, but did not have the 1967 one when I inquired last May.  However, maybe they acquired a copy since then.)  If they do, they can scan the photo you're looking for and send you a copy of it for a reasonable fee.  Note that as an AACA member, one of your benefits is 1.5 hrs of research a year from our professional librarians.  Go the AACA Library & Research Center website and fill out & submit the request form online.

If you haven't already done so, you also can contact the VMCCA but they're still looking for a copy of the 1967 tour book, too.  (Shirley Doherty is compiling statistics for the VMCCA from all the Glidden Tours, but has not been able to find a copy of the 1967 took book yet.)

Thank You Mark 👋

Specifically I am looking for a participant by the name of Doc Bloom from Texas who drives an Early Ford Model K that successfully completed the tour.

He received an award for having the oldest car on the tour.

This information is being provided by someone who rode with him that is still living but I am trying to independently corroborate it.

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

4 hours ago, playswithbrass said:

A Model K that had been owned by a Herb Bloom of Arlington Texas was sold through Bonhams in 2018  according to Google 

Yes

As part of my research into The 1904 Ford Model B - Doc Bloom entered the picture.

This car @

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25077/lot/195/

I believe was picked up in 1967 it Michigan when a completed Ford Model B wood body was dropped off that Doc Bloom had built and agreed to have patterned by a representative of The Roosevelt Family for The Bill Harrah B which sold in this same auction to the same Buyer

in June of 2018.

The restoration of this Ford Model K was facilitated by Walter Heater in Michigan.

I believe this Ford Model K immediately went on the 1967 Glidden Tour after it was picked up.

I viewed this Model K in person a couple weeks ago at a private undisclosed location.

It is still sitting on the delivery pallet.

760A5A1E-F005-4050-A1B5-B3ED694864AB.thumb.jpeg.f4e4e73bcefd9f7d882ca6ba056ebb7c.jpeg

Jim

Guest Mark McAlpine
22 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

Thank You Mark 👋

Specifically I am looking for a participant by the name of Doc Bloom from Texas who drives an Early Ford Model K that successfully completed the tour.

He received an award for having the oldest car on the tour.

This information is being provided by someone who rode with him that is still living but I am trying to independently corroborate it.

Jim

Hello Jim,

If you're just trying to confirm it, Shirley Doherty can probably do that--she's tracking the participants in all the Glidden Tours.  If you're looking for a photo, I doubt she'll be able to help with that.  If you don't have her e-mail, I can contact her and ask if it's okay for me to provide her address to you and then send it to you in a PM.

5 hours ago, Mark McAlpine said:

Hello Jim,

If you're just trying to confirm it, Shirley Doherty can probably do that--she's tracking the participants in all the Glidden Tours.  If you're looking for a photo, I doubt she'll be able to help with that.  If you don't have her e-mail, I can contact her and ask if it's okay for me to provide her address to you and then send it to you in a PM.

Thank You Mark 👍

I just was looking for confirmation 

that Doc Bloom attended the tour

and perhaps got an award for the oldest car participating.

A photo would be nice of him and

his car - but that is not necessary.

Jim

Guest Mark McAlpine
50 minutes ago, Trulyvintage said:

Thank You Mark 👍

I just was looking for confirmation 

that Doc Bloom attended the tour

and perhaps got an award for the oldest car participating.

A photo would be nice of him and

his car - but that is not necessary.

Jim

Hello Jim.  I sent you a PM.