Looking At a 1946 WC Pickup

Machine Gun

I made arrangements to go see a '46 pickup that's up for sale for $12,500. It's reportedly bone stock, in daily driver condition with complete and solid floor pans, and only a couple of coin-sized rust holes in the fenders. Not sure it's worth that, but finding an early unmolested pickup of any kind that's not a roller or costs more than my first house hasn't been easy.  I'll be able to take it on the road for a test drive. Like so many trucks I've looked at over the past five years this one looks good on paper but the reality may be very different. Anyway, on to my questions.

What trouble areas or weak spots about this particular truck model I should be on the lookout for? There seems to be very little information available on the web about Dodge trucks from this time period. Also, does anyone know the overall length and width of the vehicle?

Thanx in advance. - Jim

53 minutes ago, jpage said:

Sounds a little high priced for that vintage and described condition! You might contact Vic Panza on this forum as he had a truck close to that year.

I agree with you on the price. I had no intention of paying that much and had planned to make a reasonable offer after inspecting the truck. During one of my conversations with the seller I learned that he is a dealer who didn't disclose that in the Craigslist ad. I learned during the conversation with him that he "already reduced the price" and will hold firm at that figure, as well as assessing a $150 dealer charge. It ended there.

Thank you very much for responding to my post. My hunt for a pickup continues.