Show us a picture of your car. Since we did not have any cars shows. (covid19)

nick8086

On 10/31/2020 at 3:56 PM, Mark Huston said:

The “round thing” on the running board is a period accessory light.    They are listed as “safety lights “ in the Western Auto catalog for 1929.   They come on with the headlights and give the same side visibility as side marker lights on a modern car.  One side is green and the other is red.  The same as the jewels in the side of the headlights.   

48B739E6-1CD5-43CE-889E-37C38715476C.jpeg

On 10/31/2020 at 4:06 PM, SC38DLS said:

Green is right (starboard) all 3 are long words, red is left (port) all short words.  
Nautical colors carried over to the auto world  

9 hours ago, JACK M said:

Port is red like the wine.

From my Power Squadron,

and Coast Guard Auxiliary days- THE 3 Rs

RED to RIGHT on RETURN

13 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

From my Power Squadron,

and Coast Guard Auxiliary days- THE 3 Rs

RED to RIGHT on RETURN

That works,

But also is how to read the channel buoys.

Keep the red buoys to your right (green to your left) when coming into port (or up river) to make sure you are in the safest (usually the deepest) channel..

• Like 1

Saturday at New Orleans Lakefront Airport with Gulf Coast Wing of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF), and their Texas Raiders B-17G Flying Fortress.

A7892E25-70E5-439B-BA7B-01A26DC5CDA9.jpeg

0F28DFD3-DCDE-495A-ABB5-FFAC5D2A490A.jpeg

8AA8C226-ADD6-460F-9BD1-362F0B5FDD1E.jpeg

43671A4F-8C4D-484B-90BA-E48852CDC55A.jpeg

651C647A-9C3E-4E43-A8EA-77417A6B1321.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

My mostly all original 1973 Buick Gran Sport Stage1 Sun Coupe. Photo taken at the 2020 Gettysburg Grand National where it won its First Grand National Award. 1 of 4 SCO code O (Other) paint and 1 of 45 Stage1 Sun Coupes built. 

IMG_6765.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Was this Chrysler at the Radnor Hunt Concours a few years ago? It looks strikingly familiar.

Probably not. It does not have the correct motor for some judged event. I bought it from a Hollywood broker and he got it from a movie studio.

Mike3121, thanks for the reply. I think I have some pics on my computer, I will have to go back and look to see if I can find it. I am pretty sure there was a car there that colour, I know there was a Willy's but I think that car had wicker door panels.

20201205_180905.thumb.jpg.6711d13f373c95e2aa5787d122d92769.jpg

Show winning car it is not, but it's my bucket of bolts and I like it. It's fun to drive, people still enjoy looking at it and this year more than others everybody needs a reason to smile.

Out on the town in Thibodaux, LA.

Phil

Edited by PhilAndrews (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Drove out to the AACA Museum in my '64 Cadillac before they are forced to close again due to gov. Wolf's covid restrictions. Not sure why museums like this have to be closed. I counted four other visitors in the museum the two hours I was there on a Friday afternoon. I could drive up the road to Home Depot and encounter 100 people under one roof, but they can remain open. 

_DSC0008.JPG

• Like 1

Here's my contribution to this virtual show.

My wife, Nelli is wearing her outfit that won her 1st Prize in the Best Period Attire Contest at the Waterbury, VT VAE Antique Car Show in 2018. It doesn't show in this photo but she was holding a Wendell Willkie for President Handkerchief during the judging. 

Wes in VT.

Nelli at Waterbury in her Prize Winning Gown.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PhilAndrews said:

20201205_180905.thumb.jpg.6711d13f373c95e2aa5787d122d92769.jpg

Show winning car it is not, but it's my bucket of bolts and I like it. It's fun to drive, people still enjoy looking at it and this year more than others everybody needs a reason to smile.

Out on the town in Thibodaux, LA.

Phil

Phil,

Nice Pontiac !

We have an active group-

Lagniappe Chapter of Louisiana Region AACA

based just down the bayou from you

in Houma, Louisiana -

with members coming from as much as 50 miles around in

Lafourche, Terrebonne, St. Charles, and Jefferson Parishes.

I don't know when our next actual in-person meeting will be,

but would hope to have you as a guest whenever we get together.

Please PM  me by clicking on my name at above left and send me a message.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:57 AM, JACK M said:

That works,

But also is how to read the channel buoys.

Keep the red buoys to your right (green to your left) when coming into port (or up river) to make sure you are in the safest (usually the deepest) channel..

That is fine for Region B (the Americas, Japan, South Korea, the Phillipines, Taiwan, Hawaii, Easter Island), but not for Region A

( Europe, Africa, most of Asia and Oceania, Greenland) where the red marks are kept to port (the left) when entering harbor or going upstream.

Sometimes ya just hafta know where you are ... more or less.

Cheers,

Grog

42 minutes ago, capngrog said:

That is fine for Region B (the Americas, Japan, South Korea, the Phillipines, Taiwan, Hawaii, Easter Island), but not for Region A

( Europe, Africa, most of Asia and Oceania, Greenland) where the red marks are kept to port (the left) when entering harbor or going upstream.

Sometimes ya just hafta know where you are ... more or less.

Cheers,

Grog

Learn something every day