Interesting body style - 1950 Pontiac?

dustycrusty

Mystery Solved!

After staring at this picture for awhile, I found another, (and then another...) uncropped and colourized version.

It is a 1949 Poncho Deluxe with a Silver Streak 8.

Various captions credit the photograph as "circa 1954", which would make that Poncho 5 years old at the time this photograph was taken, and  Norma Jean  would been around 28.

The car would be 71 years old now, and she would be 94!

2FEUtq5.jpg

dUwNzemfx-pKd-ypAz8xqW5FeYN2Pg4iU8LGjMRTyHY.jpg

• Like 1

It is wearing a 1951 plate. Depending on the month the plates were issued you might be able to determine the date within a few months.

I recall seeing a version of that some years ago and it was suggested she was 18 at the time - but the 1951 plate means she is at least 24-25. Her birthday was 1 June.

47 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

It is wearing a 1951 plate. Depending on the month the plates were issued you might be able to determine the date within a few months.

I recall seeing a version of that some years ago and it was suggested she was 18 at the time - but the 1951 plate means she is at least 24-25. Her birthday was 1 June.

The plate gave me pause too, but California used the 1951 plate through '55 by issuing succeeding year tabs held on by a single mounting bolt on the rear plate.

Born in 1926, she was exactly 20 days older than my dad!