i've started watching Nurse Ratched on netflix. the storyline is really creepy, but the cars are awesome.De Soto, Ford, Nash are very prominent, but that torpedo back is always in night scenes, so i haven't figured out if it's a chevy or pontiac. they never seem to show the tail lights very well. my wife , who is 6 years younger than i, seems very impressed with the brilliant colors used back then, while i'm puzzeled by the gear shifting on the De Soto.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, Fossil said:

Is it a fluid drive?

it appears to be a 1948, so it might be. shift lever looks like a manual 3 speed type. we never had a mopar in our family back then, my dad said they didn't want to start if it was damp or raining

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, vermontboy said:

Whst year Desoto - is it a lever sticking out of the dash or maybe a pushbutton selector ?

unnamed.jpg

f19a5affce9809363b04cbda8e8b563a.png

1955 Desoto and 1956 Dodge

4 hours ago, cheezestaak2000 said:

...my dad said they didn't want to start if it was damp or raining

And mine claimed they wouldn't start if the sun went behind a cloud.

Dads...

• Like 1

And mine claimed they wouldn't start if the sun went behind a cloud.

And I have never had problems with those flathead engines. I think a lot of those issues came from ignition systems that weren't in the best condition. Cracked dist. caps, bad spark plug wires and such. Western Oregon is known for it's wet climate and my 36 Dodge never let me down. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)