window motors

joefromaz

I'm  looking to purchase  a pair of power window  motors  for my 73 riviera.....I  see on ebay some motors for a 68 riviera....they look exactly  the same as mine....Is there any difference  between  the two that i cant see...? thanks all for your time...

i have used these motors before....they work great....just that the ones listed for 73 are 45. dollars more than the one listed for 68...they look exactly the same....just wondering  if theres any difference....none than i can see.....these motors are new.... much easier than sending mine out....

Hi Joe,

I have one NOS ‘65 drivers side (L) window motor for sale. I think I paid 80$ for it 20 years ago. You can have it for that plus shipping. PM me if interested.  I also have a ‘73 rear bumper in very nice driver condition. 

Drew

0C88297C-465C-4A84-AF7A-C36F30FBBD0F.jpeg

DBD3AB56-3477-45FE-A2ED-74D694ABFC36.jpeg

0CC923BD-EFFC-467F-A37F-F8E55A3A010A.jpeg

I'm told they are the same motors used in most large GM sedans from the 60's till the 80's. I do have a GM parts cross reference manual buried around here somewhere but hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in w that info. I bought the motor from a reputable seller years ago, when my drivers side slowed to a crawl, but during installation I discovered that my real problem was gummed up register & channels. Having said that you should probably check the condition of your channels, rollers, & electrical connections before replacing the motor. From what I understand these motors do fail, but it is rare.    Drew

• Thanks 1