auburn owners have more fun

auburnal

heres a fun pix that clearly illustrates that owning an Auburn is a definite advantage when it comes to attracting the fairer sex ...only wish i discovered this 40 years ago !!! ha ha.

this is my old Auburn at the Arrowtown Festival  NZ with the beautiful "Buckingham Belles" getting ready for a spin around town ,as you can see they are all so happy in anticipation of takimng a ride in a "real" car

Designer Al Leamy with E l Cords direction produced what I think are the most dramatic in an era of austerity .

love to see some more Auburn /cord pix simiiar  

hope you enjoy

Auburn 3  with girls.jpg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, auburnal said:

owning an Auburn is a definite advantage when it comes to attracting the fairer sex

Here are two pictures of my 1927 Auburn.  The first was back in 1970 on a day when my big brother took the car to school  (I was only 14.)  The second is this summer, when I drove my three nieces to the oldest one's wedding. 

Your car is beautiful, too.

578691784_1970KitsAuburngirls.thumb.jpg.565357e6800dd52ff49aa54b58e31f9a.jpg

1595187861_2020-Weddinggirls.thumb.jpg.4fbbbaa400e8945b18616926adab9f88.jpg

• Like 5

well that is a  cute pair indeed a beautiful girl and a beautiful Auburn ..Im never sure whether I like the Phaeton or the Cabriolet the most ? but I do love  your colour scheme choice. I guess if I had choice it would be a fleet of 31/32 Speedster / cabriolet/ phaeton and a nice sedan for wet days too !!!😃

• Like 1

I actually wasn't all that crazy about the color when I bought it,  but it's slowly growing on me, especially after wet sanding and buffing out the whole car, which I did after this picture. The subtle differences and it's more of a creamy yellow than tan make you examine her styling more to see the little details than the hard contrast I have seen on others.  Not to say I don't like the darker colors.  I really like these in dark shades but it almost seems kind of fitting on this one.   I definitely wouldn't want it on a speedster but it works on a phaeton. 

I love the black red combo with chrome wires on your Cabriolet.  

When I bought it,  I actually wanted a phaeton.  I missed out on a cabriolet prior. So actually glad I did. 

thanks for your comments I think you have  a beautiful car here ..If I might comment but not critique I think a well chosen colour for the lining on the accents would really lift the car more and Chrome wheel rings do nothing its still a beauty l 

8 hours ago, auburnal said:

thanks for your comments I think you have  a beautiful car here ..If I might comment but not critique I think a well chosen colour for the lining on the accents would really lift the car more and Chrome wheel rings do nothing its still a beauty l 

No problem.  We had discussed different accent colors when I bought it,  but I haven't gotten to that point.  I think we had it down to Maroon or blue accents,  but I'm still not sure as in some light it looks yellow and not tan.   

flipped

auburn.jpg.f3c960b1893c5145619db8aa4a0cccb7.jpg

3 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

We had discussed different accent colors when I bought it,  but I haven't gotten to that point.  I think we had it down to Maroon or blue accents,  but I'm still not sure as in some light it looks yellow and not tan.

I'm more into dark cars, but if your car was mine, I am positive that I'd leave it alone.  It looks great as is. 

Sometimes good intentions go wrong..... That swoopy body style does not need anything to accentuate any details, it might distract from the super nice flow it has now.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Here is an outside shot of a different angle. New tires will help alot so they don't match the rims.  LOL 

I also have sidemount covers for it and a better trunk to paint up to match.

See here it looks more tan. 

IMG_1451.JPG

DON'T FORGET TO THROW AWAY OR SELL THE SIDE MOUNT MIRRORS AND PILOT RAY LIGHT.........AJ will get you the part numbers to order the black wall Firestone hoops........don't forget tubes and rim strips!

9 minutes ago, edinmass said:

DON'T FORGET TO THROW AWAY OR SELL THE SIDE MOUNT MIRRORS AND PILOT RAY LIGHT.........AJ will get you the part numbers to order the black wall Firestone hoops........don't forget tubes and rim strips!

He now has a more appropriate luggage trunk (time to get painting), metal sidemount covers (time to get painting more), and the plan for the double pilot ray will work fine :) - as to sidemount mirrors - perhaps a set bolted through the tire covers (will limit the straps showing). 

59 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

He now has a more appropriate luggage trunk (time to get painting), metal sidemount covers (time to get painting more), and the plan for the double pilot ray will work fine :) - as to sidemount mirrors - perhaps a set bolted through the tire covers (will limit the straps showing). 

SORRY, I forgot to tell him to throw the trunk in the trash..........add it to the list. 

2 minutes ago, edinmass said:

SORRY, I forgot to tell him to throw the trunk in the trash..........add it to the list. 

Evil necessity - car has near zippo storage space inside.  Trunks will be the death of me - they look so harmless and then the issues restoring and bills for plating, paint, upholstery, and .... 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

No need for a trunk.....properly sorted cars don't need any storage space............since I no longer change flat tires on the side of the road, I don't even carry a jack. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

Ed,  I took off the Lucas Flame throwers.  Baby steps here.  

• Haha 1