Help with trans spring needed

stakeside

My trans has a spring that pulls the throw out bearing back after clutch is engaged. This spring is very hard to connect as shown in picture.

Any suggestions on how you have connected this spring is greatly appreciated.

I do not have a replacement spring. ARE THEY AVAILABLE.

081E4422-8160-4A64-A7E2-BE9D867EC30B.jpeg.0f0b8f6d43ee8523f801dca0b2cb37ea.jpeg

Hand attached to the bearing side, then use a pair of needle nose pliers to slip on the housing hole...shouldn't be tight at all, this is standard replacement part and would have been designed to come off while under a lift or the floor, without removing any other parts...with the correctly sized spring should fit right up.

I am assuming your doing this with gear box and flywheel separated, as presented in your photo.

19 hours ago, Surf City '38 said:

Hand attached to the bearing side, then use a pair of needle nose pliers to slip on the housing hole...shouldn't be tight at all, this is standard replacement part and would have been designed to come off while under a lift or the floor, without removing any other parts...with the correctly sized spring should fit right up.

I am assuming your doing this with gear box and flywheel separated, as presented in your photo.

I have replaced clutches in newer vehicles and was able to attach spring before installing the trans. 

The trans on my 29 Dodge truck has a different  clutch fork assemble and it can not be removed. This in turn requires the throw out bearing to be installed while the trans is being installed. The spring installation must be done after trans is placed and there is little room going thru the upper inspection opening.

D2B24C3E-A673-4397-83AF-5143638E0E83.thumb.jpeg.ab182ca80056e5dc964cc3f88d88ee3f.jpeg5F86999E-CC3F-4309-9DE8-E525EC2832B5.thumb.jpeg.7377897e08bde0a542e4b9fe75958b4c.jpeg