Franklin 1933 18A fuel pump

I can send you a rod that you can make 2 pushrods from. Length will be 18". You need a rod 8.1305-8.1205" long + .020" for wear compensation.  The rod will be 0.3690" in diameter. This is tool steel and you will need a machinist to cut the correct lengths.
Reason I have this is that 2 weeks ago I ordered the min length rod of 36" so that I could make a rod for my 151.
Send a message if you are interested.

Get in touch with "Then and Now Automotive", aka "The Autoparts Cellar". At one time he had new Chrysler marine pumps that fit on 31 and later Franklins. If you have the original Franklin pump, he sells the rebuilding kits, too. 

Paul

Paul’s tip is right on. Call the auto parts cellar in Massachusetts. I bought their kit for my Olympic and it was perfect, with great instructions.The fellow who takes your call is exceptionally knowledgeable and willing to help. The length of the rod varies from pump to pump, and the length is critically important. Too long and you can damage the pump. Too short and it doesn’t pump.

On 10/14/2020 at 12:10 AM, PFitz said:

Get in touch with "Then and Now Automotive", aka "The Autoparts Cellar". At one time he had new Chrysler marine pumps that fit on 31 and later Franklins. If you have the original Franklin pump, he sells the rebuilding kits, too. 

Paul

Thank you, I'll check it out.  RT

On 10/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, Franklin31 said:

I can send you a rod that you can make 2 pushrods from. Length will be 18". You need a rod 8.1305-8.1205" long + .020" for wear compensation.  The rod will be 0.3690" in diameter. This is tool steel and you will need a machinist to cut the correct lengths.
Reason I have this is that 2 weeks ago I ordered the min length rod of 36" so that I could make a rod for my 151.
Send a message if you are interested.

Sure thanks, I'll use the rod to make a new pushrod. Did you temper the ends of the rod you made?

Robert Stanley, 4093 White Top Road, Middleburg, Pa. 17842

Just now, Stanley said:

Sure thanks, I'll use the rod to make a new pushrod. Did you temper the ends of the rod you made?

Called the Auto Parts Cellar about a new pump. He said he would have to do some checking and get back to me. ??

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Heated and quenched to harden it, drill rod is still not as hard as the case hardening that was done to the ends of the original fuel pump push rods to make them last longer - especially the pump end which gets very little lubrication.

When I make new rods I use a case hardening powder, such as Kasenite, on the ends of the drill rod. Follow the instructions with it. 

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
4 hours ago, Stanley said:

You will have to send me a message so I can give you a price on it for you to compare with others. It will cost me $20. just to get it cut to send you.