Wood Spoke Wheel with "YK" Threaded Hub Cap

STAYGOLD

Anyone good with identifying threaded hub caps?

Looking to find the original usage for this 20" wood spoke wheel with a threaded hub cap stamped "YK"

Looks like it might be off a large car or possibly a small truck.

Any help or leads on information would be great. 

Thanks.

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

3 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I don't see that on my list of manufacturers, but I would believe it.

I thought you had every ID book made.. just kidding

It is the very last illustration in the entire book : Truck Spotters Guide .. in the last section, which is for very obscure orphan makes.

I could be wrong from memory, but besides trucks, I think they made Taxi's too?

DSCN3328.thumb.JPG.b074eac56fe8d87be256b96e8b86c6de.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had to look and sure nuff that illustration is there. Does anyone know if the author Tad Burness is still around? I'd like to write him and tell him how valuable his books have been to me especially the 1920-39 car edition. I've looked through it so many times page by page trying to identify some fender,door or body section I  picked up that today it's just a pile of loose pages. Still consulted on a regular basis. If my reply is in any way construed as "stealing this post",I sincerely apologize.

16 minutes ago, sagefinds said:

I had to look and sure nuff that illustration is there. Does anyone know if the author Tad Burness is still around? I'd like to write him and tell him how valuable his books have been to me especially the 1920-39 car edition. I've looked through it so many times page by page trying to identify some fender,door or body section I  picked up that today it's just a pile of loose pages. Still consulted on a regular basis. If my reply is in any way construed as "stealing this post",I sincerely apologize.

Just ran his name on Bing, and it shows birth/death header as  "1933-    " then the dash, so it seems he's still here.  Also it listed a RR book written in 2017.  My Truck guide fell apart too, some years ago, ...bought it in the mid 80s

I was saddened to hear that also. I met Tad Burness about forty years ago. I was actually studying cartooning at the time. Along with our mutual like of antique automobiles, we hit it off really well. We both also collected 78 rpm records. He was trying to collect a complete run of Romeo Records from the 1920s. Romeo Records may not be well known, but they tend to have some of the best 1920s jazz, hot vocals, and dance numbers I ever heard!. I had about 2000 78s in my collection, with special record books for the fifty or more Romeo Records I had. He had about a thousand Romeo Records alone, plus another thousand or so of other '20s stuff.  Family demands started early for me, I stopped pursuing cartooning, and lost touch with Tad. I have often wondered if he ever completed his pursuit of the Romeo Records.

My apologies for the drift down memory lane.

I also recognized the hubcap as a Yellow Knight. A very good friend many years ago had a Yellow Knight bus.

• Thanks 1

Definitely Yellow Knight. I had a YK about 25 years ago with the same wheels and caps.  It was a light truck with the gas tank sitting on top of the cowl. Four cylinder Knight engine and a Muncie trans. It  came out of a preschool where it was a play area toy. They painted it up to look like a fire truck. During a move and some resultant issues it and an early Fordson vanished