1962 Chrysler 300 2 dr - $3000 Anthem,AZ (Not Mine)

Needs some work, but it's a 300.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/new-river-1962-chrysler-door/7208589615.html

62 Chrysler 300 2 door, has the original 413 motor and 727 push button transmission. Engine needs rebuild. It is missing the intake manifold and carburetor. Includes a new set of american racing aluminum rims. Clean AZ title. Cash only no trades

15 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Needs some work, but it's a 300.

Not to be confused with the 300 "Letter Series" cars.  Starting in '62, the "300" designation replaced the "Windsor" nameplate.  They made thousands of these as opposed to the very limited production "Letter Series" cars.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

So is the 61 one a Letter Series car? This 61 is $55,000

Yes.  It's a little confusing since the Letter Series cars continued to be made until 1965.  So for '62 through '65, there were both "non-letter series" 300's and "letter series" 300's.   As stated above, the letter series cars had much lower production numbers.

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, bryankazmer said:

They competed in the sportier big car niche with cars like the Buick Wildcat and the Olds Starfire.

I remember once parking my 1962 Chrysler 300 4-door hardtop next to a Ford LTD Station Wagon...and it was longer than the wagon by a good 8"!

The non letter 300 replaced the Saratogo model in 1962, the Windsor was still around until that name was replaced by the Newport which had originally designated a hardtop (no post) style in Windsor, Saratoga, New Yorker, and Imperial models.