Floor Mats

Lorenzo 29

Anyone know of a source for custom rubber or vinyl floor mats for a 1955 Buick Super to protect the carpeting? Right now I am using some universal ones from Walmart, but they are ill-fitting and slide around. 

Also, while I'm posting - can someone please post a closeup picture of the throttle stop screw (Carter four barrel) on the throttle linkage. The shop manual refers to it, but there's no picture and I cannot find it. Thanks.

You might need to contact Auto Custom Carpet as they have had some of the larger/correctr carpet floor mats for similar year Chevies and such, in the past.  By observatoin, all of the later-available mats are sized more for the '80s cars and are quite a bit narrower.  They ALL slid around, back then, especially after the nubs on the back deteriorated a bit.  I had to learn how to enterexit my '77 Camaro to keep the nobs from rubbing off! 

No image of the idle speed screw in the service manual, or in the carb section?  Just curious.  The idle speed screws do generally have a unique head on them, with a deep slot from side to side.  Probably more generic among similar items and possibly very similar to what's on the current Edelbrock AFBs?  Or '70s Rochester carbs?  Plus the spring on them to maintain the adjustment!  Which means there is a bit of a flange on the bottom side of the screw head, for the spring to contact.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467 

I have the carpet mats, but need something I can just hose off or scrub in the garage sink. And that fits a 55 Buick better than what I already have.

Here are pix of the carb and linkage. I've looked and looked and can't find a throttle stop screw. Just want to bump up the idle speed a bit. The two slow speed needle adjustments on the carb don't seem to do anything.  

aIMG_0182.jpg

aIMG_0183.jpg

aIMG_0184.jpg

3 hours ago, Lorenzo 29 said:

Here are pix of the carb and linkage. I've looked and looked and can't find a throttle stop screw.

It is  a screw with a long 3/8" hex accessed from the back under the weight hanging and near the carb start switch.  I love my WCFB carburetors, but this is a feature that could be improved on.

OK, thanks, I see the throttle stop screw now - the head is upside down and it is an inch or so long. Had to use a mirror to get a good look at it. I can't even get a wrench on it though, as it's in such an awkward location. The dash pot is in the way, and I'd rather not mess with that.